Supra Forums banner

High pitch scraping sound from rear wheel

802 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  bc2jz 
#1 ·
So my Supra makes a high pitch sound from the (right) rear wheel every time it makes an entire spin. I think it might have something to do with the brakes because the sound goes away when I press on the brakes. Can anyone tell me what could be the problem?

#2 ·
Have you jacked up your rear end and tried to free spin the wheels? See if your brakes are rubbing.

#4 ·
When my rear wheel bearings went bad, the sound they made I would not call "high pitched". Nevertheless, as Steve suggested, check/test them.

I would tend to think the sound is worn brake pads. The stock ones have a squeely tab attached to annoy you when they are low. Easy to check.

#5 ·
Aside from the other great advice you have been given, from my experience, It’s either a worn brake pad or more likely the parking brake shoes/auto adjusters/tension is messed up.

Pull the e-brake (parking) up a little while going down the road, not all the way, just enough to put tension on the cable and engage the shoes a little, see if it stops. If it does, you need someone to work that out.

I had the same problem after my wheel bearings were replaced. They did not set them up right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.