Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1994 single turbo with aem ems etc. Started a couple weeks ago where i would fire up the car and the idle would shoot up immediately to 2 grand and not drop until I turned off the car. Turn the car back on and it would idle fine. Recently I would turn on the car and it would idle fine and when it got hot it would idle back up to 2k and will not drop. I changed the plugs and serched for vacuum leaks and everything seems fine. It also seems like it is running a little rich. I tried lowering the idle, but I know that is not the thing to do, when I do do that it has a very rough idle. Thanks for any help.

- Richard

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
look at your idle map (% vs. target) and cold start map (target rpm), if you know what to look for the problem should be obvious with the aem, try playing with those.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
could the values of those maps have gotten messed up some how? I mean it was running beautifully for months until a couple of weeks ago?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anyone?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Come on some one must be able to help me! :)

·
Registered
721 Posts
did you find problem yet?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nope, i have checked everything on the car, cant figure it out for the life of me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts