Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, some of you know that I am new to the Supra scene, but I'm not an automotive performance newbie by any means... So I've got some Supra questions.... My car loses power right before the rev limiter (and usually blows off), also it usually bumps the rev-limiter when not manually shifting. It's usually around 18psi at redline.
1. What causes this?
2. Does the Supra have a fuel cutoff type rev-limiter?
3. If so, how does it not detonate that cyl. from the lean condition?
4. Is there something I can buy to eliminate and replace this factory function?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I'll change the plugs, what should they be gapped to?
Also, Greddy doesn't show a BCC for the Supra, just for the MR-2, and there's two different ones...which do I need?

G

·
Yea the BCC you need isn't for a Supra...they don't sell one, the correct one i believe is for a 90-92' MR2 Turbo

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just called Sound Performance. Ivan remebered my car and said the factory boost cut is already taken care of. He said the problem is due to the ECU pulling timing about 20deg before the shift point to save the tranny. He said to eliminate this all I need to do is pull the TRAC fuse...lol Almost sounds too easy. He said even with the TRAC OFF enabled it will still do this. I imagine the tranny will be fine, but my tires are another story. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
21 Posts
i had the same problem and a buddy of mine told me to get the ngk 6097, there 2 bux a piece. you dont need to gap them, there are already preset at the gap u need them to be. my buddy uses the same plugs on his 600 hp soop. p's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts