Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, just recently aquired a JDM 93 RZ with just over 100k, it basically stock except for the hks ti catback, at wot about 4500rpm and beyond, it starts to studder, almost as if the spark is being blowen out, but they were just changed and re-gapped, im not to sure where else to go from here, someone had told me horror stories of coil packs arcing, does anyone have and ideas?

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
There are about 4000 threads on this each week, a minute worth of searching will yield some appropriate testing procedures. also,dont be one of these people who cant reference the TSRM, every spec you will need while diagnosing this will be found there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so ive been searching through the threads for about an hour now, and im finding similar posts but none that are specific enough to what im looking for, so based on what i wrote above i have added problems, looking at the spark plugs, they are in rough shape, they are the jdm denso's, doesn't look like they have been changed in ears, but swapped those out for a new sit, examined the coil packs, they look mint, they also look like they have been replaced once before, same with the coil pack clips, mint condition, so moving forward, changed the plugs, car ran great till this morning, started spuddering, and hesitating, and now comming to a stop it dies, we have cleaned the IAC and just replaced the fuel filter, still having the same problems, does anyone have an suggestions on what to look for next? i am new to the supra world so perhaps what might seem like common sense to you guys may not be the same case for me yet lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.