Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, just lately my temp guage is getting really hot, almost 3/4 when it usually never passes 1/4. Also there is steam blowing out of my overflow tube causing it to bubble and overflow to the ground and then after the engine is cool the overflow resivior is completely empty. It isn't constantly getting hot, it has only happened three times and that was after i got on it a little bit. There is no smoke coming from the exhaust and my stock hg is torqued to 85 ft lbs on a jdm engine with ~50,000mi. Could this be my water pump or a small leak in the radiator or somewhere? Or is it the dreaded BHG?

·
General Hooligan
208 Posts
yeah jack up the front end and let the biatch run

·
DDDDUUUUUBBBBBZZZZZZZZ
2,022 Posts
or park on a hill. probably a BHG, the stock HG doesn't need to be torqued that high

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i already tryed burping the system and there was quite a bit of air, but afterwards i went out on a 20 mile drive in the country and it did it once more, it has not done it since though antd that was 2 days ago. im going to flush my system and get a new rad. cap and check for leaks. any other sugestions?

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
rad cap
thermostat
clogged radiator
BHG

theres your list...enjoy narrowing it down

just to add..if you find your coolant oily or has oil in it..most likely BHG
if you find your oil cap has white foamish like subtance..most likely BHG. if you change your oil and you see coolant..most likely BHG.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Just drive around with the heater on for about the first 5-10 minutes ur out... ur engine will stay cool and whatever air is trapped will free itself out. My engine stays COMPLETELY cold for about the first 3 minutes while driving. Temp guage doesn't even budge :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts