Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Got Juice?
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm using the BLITZ SBC-ID and right now its at 18psi on stock twins. What is the highest boost setting that I can use without getting into any mechanical trouble? I don't have an intercooler yet but I am utilizing a BLITZ SUS Air Intake. How much more HP can I gain if I do set it to say, 22 or even 25psi?

Thanks everyone!

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
VETKILR said:
Hey guys, I'm using the BLITZ SBC-ID and right now its at 18psi on stock twins. What is the highest boost setting that I can use without getting into any mechanical trouble? I don't have an intercooler yet but I am utilizing a BLITZ SUS Air Intake. How much more HP can I gain if I do set it to say, 22 or even 25psi?

Thanks everyone!
That all depends. Most think that 18 psi is the max you can run on the stock twins. After that they heat the air too much. I think if you running a front mount and or VPC that you can squeeze more power out of them. They thing that matters most is how much octane is in the gas you are using and if you are pinging/detonating. I wouldnt go over 18 psi on the stock twins on 91 or 92 octane. Put in some 100 or 103 and I think you would see some gains as long as you arent getting any timing retard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts