Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
2JZA70
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the highest verified horsepower # on the stock NA cams? Today on Mike Carwins 94 NA-T we dynoed 758rwhp. This was done using the custom intake manifold that I built for it which dramatically improved the power output of the engine. Instead of the power dropping off after 5600 rpm the power now climbs all the way up to 8500. Im curious to see if anybody has any higher all boost #s on stock cams.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Cam gears

Yes, we have HKS adjustable cam gears. We have not spent much time adjusting and tuning with the gears yet, we will do that when we install the HKS 280's.

·
2JZA70
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We dynoed it at the dynoextreme meet yesterday and they didnt give us a printout. They said they will mail it so it will get posted when it arrives.

·
2JZA70
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
because you need a drive gear for the distributer. This car has been converted to a different type of cam pickup so it can use GTE cams. Ill take an updated pic and post it.

·
Registered
469 Posts
wuooooo.... can`t wait to get mine finish. today we had get the intake many welded. now only i have to wire the ems.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Almost

built motor 8.5:1CR, eagle rods, really big turbo (turbonetics gtk 1000), no distributor, aem
I run a Haltech E-11v2, 1000cc injectors, GTK 1000 (76mm) double valve springs, tt head gasket, tt duel pumps, stock modded fuel rail, Corolla 1zz buckets (no shims)J&E pistons. custom intake manifold, 90mm throttle body, 6spd, TRD twin plate clutch, E-bay exhaust manifold, E-bay intercooler. E-bay throttle body

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
my mistake on the haltech... do you think your fuel system will be sufficient for your power goals?

I run a Haltech E-11v2, 1000cc injectors, GTK 1000 (76mm) double valve springs, tt head gasket, tt duel pumps, stock modded fuel rail, Corolla 1zz buckets (no shims)J&E pistons. custom intake manifold, 90mm throttle body, 6spd, TRD twin plate clutch, E-bay exhaust manifold, E-bay intercooler. E-bay throttle body

·
Registered
722 Posts
my mistake on the haltech... do you think your fuel system will be sufficient for your power goals?
We are in the process of making a custom fuel rail. But so far the fuel system has not had any problems, fuel pressure holds fine injecter duty cycle is where it needs to be. Do you see any possible probs with our system?

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
yes on full boost on a 76mm turbo.. you'll be somewhere in the 900whp range maybe even more with a very strong motor.. that would be pushing the limit on 2 densos and you'll be running your 1000cc injectors at a very high duty cycle.. i would recommend you at least add one more denso to the mix and possible swap out your 1000cc injectors for 1200cc injectors.. you could do 1600cc injectors but that wouldnt be too streetable..

i am in the same boat.. 1000cc injectors, 76mm turbo.. i am thinking of running triple walbros or running an aeromotive external and sourcing 1200cc injectors in place of my 1000cc injectors. Everyone recommends the weldon external but they are just way too loud for a street car IMO..

We are in the process of making a custom fuel rail. But so far the fuel system has not had any problems, fuel pressure holds fine injecter duty cycle is where it needs to be. Do you see any possible probs with our system?

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
We made around 780rwhp with the Probe according to trap speeds, we never got a chance to dyno the car.

·
2JZA70
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We made around 780rwhp with the Probe according to trap speeds, we never got a chance to dyno the car.
Thats pretty damn good. Were you guys using spray or boost only? It seems that we have hit a wall with the cams in the current set up but im sure we could squeeze a little more out with some more boost.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts