Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, But as this happened..I remember the radio still working...I also remember the beeping from my turbo timer clocking down. Wish I could remember a bit more. It all happened so fast and I was in the middle of a bunch of fast moving traffic. So I had alot on my mind. I think the reason it would not turn over as I was coasting is because of what I said about the turbo timer still timing out. I think if I were to have hit the power button on the timer (shutting it off) the car would have started back up. But still the question remains........why after hitting a slight bump at 70 mph shut the car off? I do remember the front lip just kissing the road at that speed then the engine died. The road sucks..I mean it's 95 South people moving fast everywhere, so everyone was hitting the lip in the road. I do try to watch out for things as this but sometimes they appear to be so slight or you see it to late and "scrape" goes the front of the car.

But I will check all cables. Thanks

Scott C

·
Banned
397 Posts
Some things may still work and a battery cable coming off will certianly cause your turbo timer to start counting down. I had my CD player playing at the time and it never skipped a beat.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Mine did that quite a few times before I finally figured out that it was a bad connection inside the fuse box. I found it by starting the engine, and randomly pulling & wiggling every single wire or connection that I could find. When I wiggled the right fuses, the engine would die. Let us know when you figure out what it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts