Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up this morning to a neighbor knocking on my front door, then informing me that my car was hit overnight in a hit and run....Well Happy Easter to me!! So I go down only to find a red Honda Civic smashed up and turned sideways over a parking curb. And then my car.. passenger door smashed in!! (if anyone of you who know me, I call them speed dents.. but this one I dont know if its too speedy).

So the cops come out and give me the report and inform me that unfortunately I am going to have to go through my insurance for this b/c it was a hit and run and car and driver are unknown. Then a neighbor comes out and says that it was around 4:30 AM when he and his wife heard a bang and looked out and saw a few kids standing around and then leave and they saw the apartment they eventually went into. The cops knew about it, but said without the car there or anything there was nothing they could do.

My question is, I have already called my insurance company and made a claim with them, but what the hell should I do. I have full coverage with State Farm and I know it will be covered, but are my rates going to go through the roof for this shit!! I mean shit I was inside sleeping the car was just parked, and some jerkoff kids hit it and ran.. and now do I have to pay for it!!!

Here are the pics, if anyone has any good recommendations for body shops in South Florida.. or hell anywhere in FL let me know.. I want the best, and I dont really care about the money since the insurance company is going to have to pay for it!! If anyone can give me some advice (other than going to choke the kids out who did it - yeah I thought about it, but its not too constructive).. please let me know, I would appreciate it.

Have to find a host for the images.. but pics will follow soon..

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Dan I'm sorry man :( fucking people that do that kind of shit really get to me :(

host the pics in www.tinypic.com is free and easy.

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
807 Posts
Had mine hit the morning after I got it back from the body shop a few years back. That shit sucked, but at least they didn't run. That sucks hardcore bro. If you want the best, and someone who knows Supra's inside and out then pm Exvelocity and bring it up to Jax. You won't regret it. I hear Samuel's in Orlando is good as well if Jax is too far. I saw Wes' car first hand in Texas and it was spectacular, so you won't go wrong with either of them IMO, i'm just partial to my hometown homie! :)

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I have seen Wes's car a few times.. and I am thinking about going up to Samuel's.. I mean I dont give two shits about the money b/c I dont have to pay for it LOL.. so hell I want the best!

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Looking at the picture I'd find a clean used door and pay for the paint out of pocket. If you've got a $500 deductable it'll save you in the long run IMO. Sucks that the law works this way but nothing you can do. No one heard the noise and thought to get the kids plate down? I'd take it to Elite or Samuels, whichever is more convienient to you. I know Samuels is pretty busy right now painting a co-workers Supra and a few for Nero but he might be able to sneak something in. Not sure about Elite's schedule but they definately do grade A quality work.

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wes can you PM the number and avg. cost for Samuels?

·
Registered
487 Posts
My car is at Samuels now :)

DAN DUDE WTF MAN that sucks balls, but if its any consolation the Supra musta been really pretty before the fucks fucked it over :(

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
What a welcome to the neighborhood......we just got done moving all your stuff there Dan...and your first night there and the supra got smashed up.....atleast they didnt mess up your new wheels....sorry bro

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Dan94TT said:
Wes can you PM the number and avg. cost for Samuels?
(407)321-1438, speak to Brad.

No such thing as an average cost when it comes to body work, everything has a quote and a price, I'm sure he'll be happy to go over it with you.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Yep. Wes knows whats up. :)

Just in case Samuels can't work ya in, Elite(stefan) can be reached at 9047213788. He's done a few makeovers for local cars without repainting the entire car and it's come out great, so that might be an option since it looks like your paint is in pretty good shape as it is.

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
Sorry to see shit like this man, but it's not that bad, judjing byt the looks, all it needs is a skin or just replace it with a clean used door, you're looking roughly $700-800 for skin replaced and painted , don't hold me to that, I dont remember the cost of the door skin panel. and expect about the same with used door, depending on the price and condition of the door. like Wes mentinned before, it's probable not even worth getting your insurance involved, cause you will end up paying for it in the end,especially if you have deductabe .
LMK if you need help
Stefan

·
Making a ComeBack!
1,058 Posts
AWWHHHH cry me a river :wtcslap: come on those guys did him a favor. The guys who know Dans car Know this will only help him out and it happened on the side that they tried to break into b4 u should go thank them.

Dan I'm glad it wasn't worse than it is.

·
SupraForums Member
1,540 Posts
damn, yea, im sure it will turn out for the best, some new doors, door panels, paint... as long as insurance doenst kill you. Just let me know if you need anything

Good Luck

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good news, my agent said my rates probably wont go up. Now the thing is this.. I have to find a body shop that works with State Farm. I want them to give me the estimate and then have the check sent to me. I am not too sure how all of this works but I know some people that have parts that I need and Im sure I can get the parts from them much cheaper. This way maybe I will have some money left over. I would like to get the whole car repainted, but I dont think that will happen.

Does anyone know any good State Farm body shops in South Florida, or any good bodyshops for that matter. I want the best and obviously the most expenisive!! And does anyone know how it works, does the insurance company look at the quote and then send me the money to fix the car, I dont want to get stuck with the first shop that I pick.. I have no idea how this stuff works, so any help is appreciated!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts