Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it normal that im hittin boost cut and dont have a boost controller?? I only hit it in 4th or 5th gear. Mods are 3" turbo elbow-cooleeze 3" downpipe-cooleeze ic pipes-larger ic-apexi intake-3" tannabe catback. Thanks guys

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
not really abnormal because it does happen. check over your ic pipes for leaks at the couplers. with your mods you have made the car more efficient. because of this you are seeing more boost naturally.

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
What he said. Its not a matter of boost level, its the amount of air moving into the engine. I was fine, no boost cut but once I put larger IC and IC pipes, I ran right into fuel cut without increasing the boost level. Theres just more air moving now so youre hitting boost cut.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok cool...thanks for the help....is there any good way i can cheat some more air past it until i get money to get my lex afm and 550 injectors or isnt that a good idea......it could afford to run a bit leaner....i dynoed it the other day and its real rich.... id like to hit the track friday but i dont wanna hit the cutoff which is bound to happen in 1/4 mile

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
not really minus drilling out the adjustment screw on the bottom of the afm and backing it out some, getting an FCD, or just pulling off one of the hoses on the accordian hose (dont do any of those things as its letting in unmetered air) just be patient and wait for the lex/550s to come in and do it right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts