Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is that normal? When it's cold out, i'm hitting fuel cut easily on first and second gear.

But when it's warm out, i'm fine. :(

This is with a lexus AFM too.

Also, why is it that i only hit fuel cut on first & second gear but not the rest of the gears?

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
is it when it is cold out or when the car is cold. From what I've experienced, the colder it is, the higher fuel cut is bumped up. However, when the car is cold, fuel cut drops significantly (boost pressure wise)

check for small ic piping leaks

adam

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
its due to the cold air being more dense thus more air is flowing across the sensor and fc is lowered. what psi are you hitting fc at?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MKIIINA said:
its due to the cold air being more dense thus more air is flowing across the sensor and fc is lowered. what psi are you hitting fc at?
around 18psi.

but the thing is.. if i am in 2nd gear and just slam on the gas pedal, i'll hit fuel cut.

but say if i'm on 5th gear, i can boost to like 20 psi without seeing fuel cut.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
im willing to bet you dont go through to redline in the later gears...this is why you dont see fuel cut...however you see it in 1st and 2nd because you go through the gear so quickly....

PS: 18+psi on pump gas is not a good idea ;)

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
yep its normal to hit fco quicker in cooler weather due to the denser air.

where is the screw adjusted to in the afm? if you back that out it will help raise fuel cut but BE ADVISED this will also run leaner due to the increase of unmetered air.

dave

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IdealSupra said:
im willing to bet you dont go through to redline in the later gears...this is why you dont see fuel cut...however you see it in 1st and 2nd because you go through the gear so quickly....

PS: 18+psi on pump gas is not a good idea ;)
?

why not? aren't evo & wrx run stock @ !~25 psi on 91 octane gasoline?

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
no.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
EVO & WRX aren't comparable to Supras. They run different boost, on a car with different flow ratings, and a different compression ratio.

You could run 25+ PSI on pump gas on your Supra if you dropped the compression ratio to 7:1 (just to pick numbers out of thin air, please don't use these as gospel).

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
Kroze said:
?

why not? aren't evo & wrx run stock @ !~25 psi on 91 octane gasoline?
along with grimjack...their stock turbos are half the size of the STOCK supra turbo... their 22psi is equivalent to about 14psi on a stock ct26....

larger turbos move more air....more air likes more and higher octane fuel...

youre just BEGGING to have a little detonation and go boom boom...

just be careful...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts