Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we already had a thread about this helmet once.

Anyone had one? Opinions on fit/finish? Noise? Aeros? I broke the little plastic cover that covers the side of the shield on my Arai and I dunno how to get a replacement. I'm about to say fuck it. I have a scorpion also but that helmet has terrible aeros and the screen will only open like 1.5" minimum.

·
Isabel & Bryan
673 Posts
the side covers are a son of a bitch on those arai's!

it took me about 2 hrs to get the shield on my helmet after i chromed it!

was such a pita, i can see where your coming from there!

should be able to buy new ones though?

don't know if they would be by themselves or with other parts though?

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the side covers are a son of a bitch on those arai's!

it took me about 2 hrs to get the shield on my helmet after i chromed it!

was such a pita, i can see where your coming from there!

should be able to buy new ones though?

don't know if they would be by themselves or with other parts though?
Well one of the tabs is broken and its painted to match the helmet. Its a Astral-x they don't produce anymore so I'm not sure if I could even get one but I've googled and can't find shit.

·
Isabel & Bryan
673 Posts
oh? hmmmm? your best bet is an arai rep and see if they have something somewhere? someone has to have those laying around?

so its really different then say the rx7 corsair i have?
some from a differnt model won't remotely fit?

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its the Arai Astral-X. It might fit it but it wouldn't match the paint.

·
road hazard
452 Posts
Well one of the tabs is broken and its painted to match the helmet. Its a Astral-x they don't produce anymore so I'm not sure if I could even get one but I've googled and can't find shit.
call arai's tech support number at 610-837-4210. just tell them nicely that your side pods broke off and you'll need a set of replacements. just hope they still have your helmet model and design in stock.

i've gotten replacement side pods twice through arai without any problems and have recommended that number to other riders with success as well.

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
call arai's tech support number at 610-837-4210. just tell them nicely that your side pods broke off and you'll need a set of replacements. just hope they still have your helmet model and design in stock.

i've gotten replacement side pods twice through arai without any problems and have recommended that number to other riders with success as well.
Thanks! I'm calling right now.

EDIT : No one answered, I left a message. I really love this helmet, I wear it even though it doesn't match my bike. :)

·
road hazard
452 Posts
keep trying if they don't get back to you. if they don't have your design, they should at least send you white side pods so your helmet still works.

·
Isabel & Bryan
673 Posts
610 area code i think thats philly isn't it?

worm - isn't that the right link i found for ya? says there 35 buck s or so?

·
Isabel & Bryan
673 Posts
arai is real hard to get ahold of, i waited for ever for a rep to come up to my area so i could get my rx-7!
then he goofed and brought the wrong one!
so i had to wait even longer!

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
610 area code i think thats philly isn't it?

worm - isn't that the right link i found for ya? says there 35 buck s or so?
No idea there are no pics and I dont know what the piece is called, most helmets don't have this piece.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Whats up Worm! I just wanted to add my 2 cents. As far as that Ac-12 carbon it's ok. Its not the best fit and finish in the world. To be honest with you it feels a little cheap. If you are looking at the AC 12 because its carbon then you should check this helmet out.

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/AGV_Ti-Tech_Full_Face_Helmet_Industrial--617560.html

Its a carbon weave shell with a resin finish. Super nice helmet. Great quality, not everybody and the mother has one, and its the lightest helmet I have ever put on my head! (thats including a $1000 Vemar helmet)

Plus, that AGV helmet is Rossi tested :)

Good luck with the helmet choice!

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey man!

I'm just looking for something all black thats as comfortable, quiet and flows as good at my arai. I just ran into that on ebay and it looked pretty cool. Don't really want to spend 500+ because I already have 6 helmets :lol:

That looks pretty cool. I'll have to check into it

I really want one of those saint/sinner ICONs. I'm just afraid its a piece of shit helmet :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
I can relate to that problem. I have 6 helmets myself! Icon helmets aren't that bad, I have one. But they def aren't as good as like a Suomy or an Arai. Good luck with those sinner/saint helmets. They were a limited production run and are very hard to get a hold of.

Oh and that AGV helmet looks much better in person. It looks too bright in the picture. I try to talk myself out of buying it everyday. . .

·
Registered
268 Posts
The only things I like about my AC-12 is the light weight and the looks. The helmet lifts above 60mph, the plastic chin spoiler that is supposed to prevent that is garbage, it barely stays on the helmet. The vents let in at least 2-3 live bugs a ride. The fitment is ok, my Shoei and Arai hug my head but there is a bit more open space with the HJC, the only time I like it is when it's real hot because a lot of wind gets in those open spaces. I got mine on a forum for $200, but I would have been disappointed if I paid full price for it.

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The only things I like about my AC-12 is the light weight and the looks. The helmet lifts above 60mph, the plastic chin spoiler that is supposed to prevent that is garbage, it barely stays on the helmet. The vents let in at least 2-3 live bugs a ride. The fitment is ok, my Shoei and Arai hug my head but there is a bit more open space with the HJC, the only time I like it is when it's real hot because a lot of wind gets in those open spaces. I got mine on a forum for $200, but I would have been disappointed if I paid full price for it.
Thanks for the honest review. :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts