Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just finished installing HKS 264 cams on stock twin turbos. i didn't see any lag on turbos but car pulls very strong on top. car spins the tires through third gear on 1.2 bar.

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
I'd love to see a dyno sheet as well.

Adam

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Dyno..

Post the dyno sheet. I thought of doing the same thing but b/c of the price of HKS cams I wanted to wait to see what kind of gains could be had...

F

·
0 Posts
v8huntr said:
i just finished installing HKS 264 cams on stock twin turbos. i didn't see any lag on turbos but car pulls very strong on top. car spins the tires through third gear on 1.2 bar.
THANK YOU, you just proved it, i've always said, its worth getting them on STOCK TWIN"s, but then again all these guys, bitch about it saying it was going to lag, and it was not need etc.

Fefe Bag
POST "what's a BPU" 99.9% of supraforums will reply.
POST "How to drop the rear end to change the diff." 0% of supraforums will reply.

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
Re: Re: HKS 264 on stock turbos

Fefe Bag said:

THANK YOU, you just proved it, i've always said, its worth getting them on STOCK TWIN"s, but then again all these guys, bitch about it saying it was going to lag, and it was not need etc.

Fefe Bag
POST "what's a BPU" 99.9% of supraforums will reply.
POST "How to drop the rear end to change the diff." 0% of supraforums will reply.
Not that I feel like getting in a pissing match with you, but what did you prove and what did he prove? You suspected they are better, now someone did it and says the placebo effect on the butt dyno is great, or maybe it is a real gain. Only empircale testing under standard conditions, ie a dyno SAE corrected with a list of supporting mods, can prove anything.

Adam

·
4,417 Posts
Walser said:

As we speak, local con-men are converging on your position...

Hahaha... I got some prime ocean front real-estate in Kentucky... lemme know if you're interested. :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Swank, dont joke it's my car, guy w the sub enclosure you want ;)

What type of wheels are those Jim?? Anyway, cams are in, my question is has anyone set the idle to 1k w/o any problems??

We have the idle set to 1200. I thought we could get everything right before bolting on the beater car payment of a turbo, PHR St 2 or go w the ole t78 stand by ;)

Ltr,
Jim
BPU ++? W 264's +Gforce

·
4,417 Posts
Re: Swank, dont joke it's my car, guy w the sub enclosure you want ;)

Tripz said:
What type of wheels are those Jim?? Anyway, cams are in, my question is has anyone set the idle to 1k w/o any problems??

We have the idle set to 1200. I thought we could get everything right before bolting on the beater car payment of a turbo, PHR St 2 or go w the ole t78 stand by ;)

Ltr,
Jim
BPU ++? W 264's +Gforce

I wasn't joking your car... just FeFe Bags ease of persuasal! Glad to hear the 264s are helping your car... now about that enclosure.... hmmmm :D :D

Lemme know when you want to lighten up the rear of that car! ;)

Oh... my wheels are SSR GP-O Decolte Evolutions (Damn thats a mouth-full).

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
uhhh hmmmm errrr ummm.... what?
sprechen sie Englisch?

John H

v8huntr said:
ok guys just wait a week or two. i'll ask him to bring his car some time end of this week or next when i'm installing light weight fly wheel+carbon clutch on my viper.

yes, cam are expensive and it is lots of work to install and gain HP gain isn't anywhere close to single turbo and that's why people don't try this set up. well, my friend is going to single getting single pretty soon and that why i decided to install cams before the single turbo.

car feels much stronger than before but only way to find out is on dyno. whatever the result will be but i'm pretty happy how seat of the pants feels.

dyno sheet coming soon...

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
Any dyno sheets yet?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
v8huntr said:
John H, what do you drive? Do you own viper or supra... what are you bitching about? sorry ass mf...
"Sorry ass mf"? Ok, you just proved everyones' point. I wasn't "bitching". I just implied I couldn't understand you.

For some reason they gave me the Class 1 Champion trophy at TX2K2 - Supra Nationals yesterday, so I guess that's a Supra I drive. I get confused sometimes because my car doesn't have any emblems or badges.

John Hein

1 - 20 of 50 Posts