Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the top end difference between these two? How much more power does the 272 make with how much more lag?

Also, I've been wondering streetability. Do the 264's lope at idle?

And, how long do cams last?? Do they have a point where they "go bad"?

Thanks!

·
OCC
897 Posts
I've been trying to get some technical info from HKS-USA... even posted a few questions on their new message board.
Not much luck so far, but I now have a contact at HKS-Japan and so far they've been very helpful. The language barrier is somewhat of a problem, but since I can speak some Japanese (just can't read), we'll be able to work through it. =)

http://www.hksusa.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23&FORUM_ID=12&CAT_ID=2&Topic_Title=Proper+camshaft+selection+for+the+2JZGTE&Forum_Title=Boost

As soon as I get all of the info from HKS-Japan to my satisfaction, I'll let you guys know.

ak

W

·
0 Posts
From experience on seeing these different size cams in a bunch of different cars, I would say the cut off is around 800 rwhp. If you plan on making less, the 264s are sufficient. More, and 272s will help.

I have 272s, and I feel after research that they are over-large for me currently. I am upgrading my turbos to take advantage of them.

·
Registered
256 Posts
SupraTuRD said:
Walser,

Out of curiosity, are you currently BPU with the 272 int and exh cams? Any dyno numbers?

Thanks,

ak
I think walser has twins but they are definately not stock. hks 2835's or something like that, I'm not sure though.

·
4,417 Posts

·
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Darren-

Upgrading the 2835's!? :D :D

What do you think about the driveablility of each? Do the 264's lope as bad as the 272's?

Longevity? Is there a limit they can be driven on until they "go bad"?

B

·
0 Posts
With any exhaust except the raceing madilion and the HKS TI, you have to listen for the lope.

CHris

·
4,417 Posts
VETKILR said:
Jim...How long did it take for you to get your PHR kit?

Actually when I bought my car from Jarrett it already had the kit on it. I think the Stage 2+ takes more time to get since it's some of a specialty item than the stage 2... It takes time to do the additional mods beyond the stage 2 to get to the +. I was considering doing the stage 2+ also... but I would have had to wait longer to get the car... which I didn't want to. :)

I'm sure Dusty and Jarrett are doing everything they can to get it to you. You can have my Stage 2 and I'll wait for your Stage 2+ Hahahaha :D :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts