Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just wanted some help setting up my cams , i have a fully built engine and heads, running a sp71gts turbo , what would your recommendation be for the cam setting on both sides for this setup . Iam running 4 inch all the way and running AEM / 1000cc injectors / VW intake manifold / VW TB.

thanks

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Straight up on the factory gears. If you can dyno tune the car and play around with the settings you may find that a couple degrees here or there gain you a tiny bit, but from what I've seen, it's very little and probably not worth the trouble and expense. The HKS gears seem to be ground just about ideal, and the factory gears are the most reliable, and they are accurate.

EDIT: I meant to say "The HKS CAMS seem to be ground just about ideal..." not GEARS.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I agree. I dynoed and tested and tuned for a few hours using Crower 276/282 cams and in the end straight up was the ideal setting for peak power and power under the curve.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
If i get this right ,i zero them out then ??.
When you say "zero them out" I'm assuming you have adjustable gears. That would mean that you would want to zero them out, but that also brings in the variable that they aren't actually at true Zero when the scale indicates zero (due to manufacturing defects), and means that it would probably be a good idea to degree the cams upon installation. That's another reason the factory gears are ideal -- little chance that they are off so long as you're running a stock height block and head.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts