Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
JZ Enthusiast
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys ive searched trying to find this answer ...
How many inches the HKS 3000 pipe is ?
some guys told me 3 " pipe for the throttle would be better for rpm respone and 2.1/4 for the Rest ic piping ..
so guys need advice while i am customizing my IC pipes
thanks

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
Because it says 'HKS' ;) That alone is worth AT LEAST 70 bux.
Other than that, its most likely because its a straight drop in. No custom work needed.

M

·
0 Posts
its just as easy to put a piece of $3 - straight pipe in than it is to put the expensive hks pipe in (as long as you have an after market blow off valve). And the money you save could be used for something else.

N

·
0 Posts
when does this pipe actually make a difference, it seems like it is not necesary until you try to run like 15 psi

also, what kind of improvements does it make?

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
NeverNZ said:
when does this pipe actually make a difference, it seems like it is not necesary until you try to run like 15 psi

also, what kind of improvements does it make?
as you are almost correct in the fact that it wont help you noticeably until you start upping the boost....the pipe is a much better design then the stock 3k pipe.... the stocker is a bottleneck design and the hks is the same diameter for the whole thing.

hwoever i agree in the fact that its not worth paying more then 40 bucks or so for it...just to have the HKS on it. :rolleyes:

·
Can't touch this!
1,404 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with paying for this pipe. I feel the pipe adds to the overall look of the engine bay when it recieves a ceramic coating or a good polish!

I know $70-80 sounds like a lot but I think it's worth it!

Later

Jason

·
Bipolar
663 Posts
The "ooooh ahhhh" element of the HKS pipe is worth the money alone. Also, the HKS pipe isn't straight, it has the same contour as the OEM beer bottle pipe, and has cast in provisions for the ISC and PCV pipes.

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts

From HKS it's red but I repainted it to match my car better. I wouldn't have normally bought it, but it came with my HKS IC kit. It does look better then stock but a custom pipe would be much cheaper for my purposes.

M

·
0 Posts
hell with the money you save by using a straight pipe you could get a pcv catch can and then you wouldnt need the hole in the back and it wouldnt take much to secure the isc tube. also the catch can keeps the oil film out of everything. but hey if you have the money to waste go ahead pay for the name. i sure wouldnt, but thats me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts