Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,

does anyone know what triggers the hks afr to switch from idle mode to gain fuel curve mode?

I would guess its the TPS signal, but what voltage does the afr switch over at?

THe reason I ask is because I want to build a circuit board that sends a signal to the afr so that it only switches into gain fuel curve mode when my ecu is in open loop. IDK if this applies the the mk4 ecu, but its more important for the mk3 ecu. THe reason I ask here is because the afr is more popular with the mk4 crowd.

thanks

·
11,219 Posts
You can set it at any rpm ranges you want. There's 11 rpm points that you can preset. I guess it starts modifying the fuel curve at whichever point above the idle you set it as.

For example, at idle I'm at -10, but 1500rpm is my first setting (at -23%). So I guess around 1500rpm is when the afr is taking over.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here is what the hks manual says, that makes me think the switch from idle settings may be based on tps:
Idle:
can be adjusted from 650 - 1500 rpm
independent of gain mixture settings

Gain fuel curve: (this is the main map)
650 - 8000 rpm

The fact that the rpm ranges for each overlap makes me think the switch from idle settings must be based on tps signal. Can anyone confirm this, and better, tell me what voltage it switches at?

·
Moderator, megalos ntabatzis!!
4,409 Posts
i tried overlapping the maps out of curiousity and the car wouldnt start, i then deleted the first signal and the car ran again, just set up your maps starting at something higher than your idle.

Ang

1 - 6 of 6 Posts