Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that most people, 90% or more upgrade their fuel, 720cc, fuel rail, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, when going single turbo, which can be around 2000 +- 200. I also notice that when going with bigger fuel, many cars run rich, which is a good thing.

But what about running the aic? with say two more 550cc injectors, and still keeping the stock fuel line set up. Wouldnt that be a cheaper, more oem alternative? Plus with the aic you can control the additional injectors as well. How come most many supra singles dont go with this alternative...

on a side note referring to the japanese tuners, only 2 tuners in the hyper rev, went with the aic. All the others running singles went with upgraded fuel. Although the injector sizes vary consideralbly.

·
Registered
286 Posts
IMO, if you installed an AIC and were able to tune it and it offered the fuel delivery that YOU needed for your application, it would work just fine. Most AIC (HKS, Greddy) allow you to fine tune it to a T, ie, rpm, percent -/+, duty cycle, etc. I think most tuners just push the fuel system, well b/c of the money. And more over, once your done, your done with it(most of the time). I have seen Dave Henry use a AIC w/ 6 additional injectors tapped into the manifold....
SH

B

·
0 Posts
AIC is very cool and probably would work very well on applications with small single turbo. Unfortuneatly doing a straight simple install doesn't address all the fueling needs of 600+ hp cars without alot of extra cost. why? because the stock fuel pump and stock lines are going to be at their limits above 600hp. Ideally, if you were to run 2 pumps and 2 lines (or 1 big line) and eliminate some other bottlenecks(fuel dampner) you could use the aic on every application. but then, you just don't get a big savings. An AIC and auxillary injectors cost about the same as a fuel rail and 720's (half fuel sys). unfortuneately, getting extra fuel inside the engine is only 1/2 the problem, getting the fuel from the tank to the engine is the other 1/2.

now if i had an sp57 or sp60.......

1) new walbro 255lhr pump
2)BD fuel dampner bypass
3)AIC with 2 x 550cc injectors

this would allow you to boost to the turbos limits for around $1000....the problem with this is, 2 months later you'll be looking for a bigger turbo and triing to upgrade the fuel to match.

The one thing Ive learned the hard way when it comes to the Supra is "if you can't afford to do it right....hold off until you can, it'll be worth it". I have the SOUND PERFORMACE fuel system and couldn't be more satisfied.

ltr mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts