Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive decided to get the hks ssqv bov, and i was wondering wat would be the cheapest and best option, i was wondering if anyone knows the cheapest kit that i can buy, or shoul i just get the universal and get a shop to make a pipe to weld it to, wat would i need for this option. i heard that the pipe the kit comes with is too short or long
thanks

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,129 Posts
I'll sell you the pipe that comes with the kit.

Has the flange.

Just buy the bov and locking ring.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, but i found my solution lol, im going to get the universal and the flange and get it put on a pipe lol, thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
As long as he said question(s) ...

Anybody have issues with the BOV valve placement on HPF kit ??

How many had to 'tweak' headlights so they'd close ?

Why an SSQV BOV ... (as long as we're asking question-s!)

·
Registered
520 Posts
the HPF kit is the best out there, even a used one is better than the "Universal" crap they sell on ebay..

·
2JZ swapped!
879 Posts
I think they are best sounding BOV, loud and confuses tons of people.

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
i really like mine, i bought it used for 125, works great too.

·
Registered
825 Posts
never had a problem with it. it was funny when you got next to the civics with the 747 boeing wing and nos stickers on the side and revved it. the would look in aww.....:rofl:

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Fletch124 said:
Never confuses me. I always recognize the whistle. lol.

Blitz and Sard have more serious sounding BOV IMO.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Fletch124 said:
yeah sure it confuses a lot of people except for the cop thats waiting around the corner... get a bosch 110 bov or run two of them and be done with it... i used to have the ssqv and it sounded great but after a while it gets really really annoying...

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
i love my ssqv, never had a problem with it, love the sound of it and would do it again in a heart beat.

·
Registered
481 Posts
whats more importantr though - the sound or the performance? cause i bet none of u can say a real hks ssqv has fucked up on u or leaks

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,129 Posts
It has once been said that the HKS SSQV was impossible to leak boost, simply because the valve was held "shut" with boost pressure.

However, with some digging on the internet you'll see then read testimony that the edges of the valve and the seat were a source of boost leak.

I never experienced that issue with mine, yet I could never get it to let enough air out to begin with. Kinda ironic.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts