Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
¿Got Boost?
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have a FMIC but want to weld my HKS BOV on a hardpipe to keep the stock BOV. I know i could buy a complete hardpipe set for around $500 but is it possible to just buy the upper hardpipe(s) for stock IC? If so, would i still be able to use it if i eventually bought a FMIC later on? Thanx

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
Purchase an elbow, made of mandrel bent aluminium from JC Whitney. Buy the aluminum flange. Mount the elbow on the driver's side, replacing the existing intercooler hose. You will be all set then.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
This sounds very interesting to me as well. I wanted to get a HKS SSBOV on a hard pipe without buying a HKS kit for $500.

Badmuthrfkr can you please clarify on the exact part numbers we need for this process?

Also can I replace my throttle body intercooler hose as well from here ?

Thanks a lot,
Taimur.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Also, do these pipes need to be cut to fit? I would need to know both parts the driver side intercooler hose and the throttle body hose as well.

Are you using these pipes in your car ? So that would help a lot if you can give the measurements.

Thank you.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Tim I got your e-mail. I know from experience that the final IC that goes into the TB has a larger diameter on the TB side than it does where it meets the IC hose coming under the car. As to exactly what those diameters are I don't know, but it is pretty easy to pull that hose and find out.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Thx Phil, but what about the driver side hose that connects the IC. I want to replace that to a hard pipe and get a BOV on it. Any info on what size that would be ?
Thx

·
Registered
255 Posts
Tim don't you mean the passenger side hose? The one we have your Hallman MBC mounted near? That one i believe has identical inlets on both sides. If I was you I'd go home tonight and measure it. That one is ok to take off and retighten back up again. In my experience only the TB IC hose will give you a problem once it is removed and reinstalled with the stock hose clamps.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
The intercooler hose on the throttle body is larger than the hose coming from under. I'd pull it off and do measurements for you guys right now but it's like 30 degrees out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts