Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am wondering about putting in hks cams or doing the vpc.... cant figure out which.... rwhp wise.... is there a difference in the sound meaning lopey or not.... vpc how tough to install. need to be done by a pro or what? thanx for the info Kevin

·
Listen to my hands...
323 Posts
Cams wont do a bit of good at BPU. I know a few people who have made around 20-30hp from a VPC. Plus, when you go single...and you will:) Having the VPC already will benefit you more.

Scott

Peace

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
The Germans love David Hasslehoff.

Whachyou talkin' 'bout Willis?

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Scott In Vegas said:
Cams wont do a bit of good at BPU. I know a few people who have made around 20-30hp from a VPC. Plus, when you go single...and you will:) Having the VPC already will benefit you more.

Scott

Peace
Do you know some BPU guys that have done before and after dyno runs with cams? Thanks.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no , i would like to know the same thing.... ps what mods are done to your car..... boost, other mods thanx Kevin....

·
Listen to my hands...
323 Posts
TT_6SPD_95 said:

Do you know some BPU guys that have done before and after dyno runs with cams? Thanks.
I had a friend who had 264s in a BPU Supra and only put down 420. The stock twins do not flow enough to take advantage of the cams. He did all this at one time. So he did'n t have a before and after.

Scott

Peace

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Scott In Vegas said:

I had a friend who had 264s in a BPU Supra and only put down 420. The stock twins do not flow enough to take advantage of the cams. He did all this at one time. So he did'n t have a before and after.

Scott

Peace
Would it be possible for you to give me a list of his mods and a copy of his graph? I would like to compare it to my graph when I had 420rwhp to see if there are any differences in the curve. This will prove for sure if the cams do absolutely no good for stock twins or not since I know of no one that has actually done a before and after on a BPU car. Thanks, it is very appreciated.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Kevin Hornsby said:
no , i would like to know the same thing.... ps what mods are done to your car..... boost, other mods thanx Kevin....
Air filter
Full exhaust
20psi boost (at the track in 4th) 22psi (on dyno in 5th)
cam gears
FMIC
AFC
VPC

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did the vpc give you anything..... hp or et, trapspeed... how about the cam gears.... how tough to install the vpc , did you tune it..... dyno? thanx Kevin...

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Kevin Hornsby said:
Did the vpc give you anything..... hp or et, trapspeed... how about the cam gears.... how tough to install the vpc , did you tune it..... dyno? thanx Kevin...
Not too difficult to install the VPC especially if you have the adapter. It increased about 20-25rwhp and it did show up at the track. Most of the hp is increased in the upper rpm's which is good to keep that curve more straight across.:)

STOCK exhaust
Air filter
VPC
dp
18psi
FMIC
425rwhp/456rwtq Curve looked much better than previous dyno pull before the VPC also. The before dyno pull even had a Greddy SP exhaust on it and it showed to gain 20rwhp than the dynograph before that.

Hope that helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts