Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by DaveH
Actually the NA and TT cams are virtually identical. They have the exact same lift and duration, the TT has a slightly different exhaust cam degree spec.

The HKS cam will work on the NA on the intake side, but not on the exhaust side since the NA has a gear on the exhaust cam to drive the distributor.

Can you change the distributor to be none gear driven. like swpapping in a hks power amplififer? I dont think just putting a intake side will give that much affect you need a exhuats cam to match it. Is there any one who sells cam for mkiv 93-98 supra's?

I want to do a hks cam system and would be willing to redpo my whole igntion system. wiould this work . i know i would have to get a custom programmed eco for these exact setup but any ideas please help me out with ideas and input. are there any cams out for the new is300 or older sc300 that would work. I know someone know something so please reply.

Xdreamer~trying squeeze all th h.p out of the 3.0 liter possible know i have seen a 400 fully tuned n/a i know its do able. Im building a wide body all motor street/race car . it will out corner a twin turbo and it will be a little better on gas maybe lol

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
Take a look at the 98 n/a mentioned in an earlier thread. It has headers, vvTi, & shows no distributor. I'd also like to point out that Vinny Ten's car uses a distributor!
I don't know how much can be wrung out of an n/a as everone else goes for boost for power! You are the Pioneer! Good luck! My guess is you'll need high compression slugs, a vpc modified for an n/a
and a custom intake for 300+ n/a hp.
I don't think you'll ever beat an apu turbo.

R

·
0 Posts
I've talked to DaveH about this and all we need is a timing light to adjust the timing of the ditributor back to +10 degree, which is the stock setting. So if you want to get the exhaust cam and adjust them, you can. You'll just need a timing light to adjust the timing of the distributor backto factory spec.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So if i adjust the exhuast cam gear back 10 degree's back to factory spec it will work? And i can adjust this with the adjuatable cams gears right? Thanks Xdreamer

R

·
0 Posts
That's correct. Just get a timing light at an auto parts store and adjust it. Hey Xdreamer, when are you going to have pics up of the egr mod and also what size fuse do we need from Radio Shack. Thanks and let us know

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will the hks cams give me power even at factory spec timing? I dont have V V T. And are the hks cam made for just turbo meaning a insane lift. im really want to add hks cams. asap. and need to know everything before i take on the project . I will be adding a 6 into 2 race header and a couple other things wheni add the cams. Thanks For all the help and as for the egr mod i posted the parts needed its not a fuse you need its a resistor.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also so what do i do with the cam driven distributor? The hks exhuast cam doesnt have a gear for it. Can i add it or Do i have to put a whole different engine system? Thanks

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just found out i will probaly need a bigger vlavle overlap and probally cant use the hks cams and see power gains without a tyurbo. LEt me know any thinking on this TRhanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts