Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Wholesome creamy goodness
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Dusty,

Is it possible to buy the HKS Carbon Ti (95mm version) exhaust hanger (the one that holds up the canister) seperately? If so, how much?

Also, is it possible to interchange the regular HKS Ti exhaust hanger with that of the Carbon Ti? The reason I ask is because it seems that the regular Ti canister is held up higher than the the Carbon Ti. I'm of course assuming the Carbon Ti and regular Ti canisters are the same diameter.

Thanks for the help...Darshana S...

·
Espresso Connoisseur
1,636 Posts
The 95mm Carbon Ti canister uses the factory hanger bracket

·
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TunaRollZ said:
The 95mm Carbon Ti canister uses the factory hanger bracket
I'm refering to the exhaust hanger that goes around the exhaust canister itself. From what I recall, both the carbon Ti and regular Ti have removable "bracelet" type hangers that one can remove from the canister itself and adjust as needed. My factory bracket is fine, but I think the exhaust hanger on the exhaust itself is screwed somehow because my Carbon Ti is hanging pretty low.

·
Espresso Connoisseur
1,636 Posts
ohh...the canister bracket. Gotcha.

Are you using both rubber hanger rings on the canister or just one?
Already adjusted the canister bracket to its optimal position?
Approximately how much of a gap do you have between your HKS tip and the bumper where the tip protrudes from?

·
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
About a 4 to 5 inch gap...it looks like crap! I've seen pics of the Carbon Ti on other cars it's not nearly as bad, about 1-2 inch gap, but still I would like it to be a snug fit like the regular Ti. I have adjusted it, re adjusted it, etc, but it still persistantly hangs low. So I figure something is up with the canister hanger, maybe stretched out somehow, I don't know...

·
Espresso Connoisseur
1,636 Posts

This is how mine sits. I had to adjust the canister bracket to the lowest position where it still faced upwards. I used two brand new rubber exhaust hanger rings from my local automotive store (smallest size they had that would still fit).

·
Espresso Connoisseur
1,636 Posts
mine has about 3/4" before it touches the bumper.

·
Espresso Connoisseur
1,636 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Supraman16 said:
Hello Dusty,

Is it possible to buy the HKS Carbon Ti (95mm version) exhaust hanger (the one that holds up the canister) seperately? If so, how much?

Also, is it possible to interchange the regular HKS Ti exhaust hanger with that of the Carbon Ti? The reason I ask is because it seems that the regular Ti canister is held up higher than the the Carbon Ti. I'm of course assuming the Carbon Ti and regular Ti canisters are the same diameter.

Thanks for the help...Darshana S...

Hi Darshana,

HKS has this in stock, it is $75.

Kind regards,

Dusty

·
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damn, that's pretty expensive, but I guess ya gotta pay to play. Anyway, is this for the Carbon Ti, or is it for the Regular Ti? And if it's for the Ti, is it interchangable with the Carbon Ti? I would rather have the hanger for the regular Ti because it seems that the regular Ti hangs higher and much more snug compared to the carbon Ti, this is all assuming the regular Ti one is interchangeable with the Carbon Ti....Darshana S...

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
This exhaust is kinda tricky. If you leave everything loosely fastened and then tightened the exhaust will sit very low. In order to have it sit as close to the body as possible I recommend placing the car on the lift. Loosen the exhuast and using a pole jack raise the exhaust until the desired position and then tightening it. Be very careful of the allen bolts at the clamp. They have a tendency of grabing onto the threads of the welded nut. So place a little antisieze grease onto those bolts will help. For the money this exhuast is well worth it. It looks as good as it sounds and it can be modded to use a 3.5" DP as well.

-Joe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts