Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How loud is the exhaust?
How is ground clearance?
Does the exhaust have a resonator?
If you have any good pictures or sound clips please post them.

Thanks a lot guys,

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
How loud is the exhaust?
How is ground clearance?
Does the exhaust have a resonator?
If you have any good pictures or sound clips please post them.

Thanks a lot guys,
It's pretty loud and deep at low rpms. Sounds fuckin amazing at WOT. I liked the sound of my carbon ti better than my veilside titanium. The carbon ti is noticeably louder by comparison.

Ground clearance is good but not great. Doesn't have as many mounting points as my veilside, so it would hang a little lower than I wanted. I never scraped it on stock suspension, but if your car is lowered you probably have to be a little careful.

It doesn't have a resonator.

For the money, it's a nice exhaust. Sounds great, fits well, looks great. My only issue with it is that mine sort of bounced around a bit using the stock rubber hangers. I always wanted to find some stiffer hangers, but couldn't. I know that others had the same issue.

·
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually had a veilside ti, so if it sounds better than that exhaust than I'll probably love the carbon/ti
For the price it definitely seems worth it.
Thanks for the help!

·
Wholesome creamy goodness
655 Posts
Got one one my silver dawg...the sound is absolutely incredible. I don't think it's terribly loud, but definately louder than the Super Dragger on my white dawg. It deep and rumbly and I get a lot of compliments on the look and sound of the exhaust. It definately hangs low so I got some hanger welded on to it that makes it hang higher and more snug to the body. I'll try and get some pics up when I can...Darshana S...

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Got one one my silver dawg...the sound is absolutely incredible. I don't think it's terribly loud, but definately louder than the Super Dragger on my white dawg. It deep and rumbly and I get a lot of compliments on the look and sound of the exhaust. It definately hangs low so I got some hanger welded on to it that makes it hang higher and more snug to the body. I'll try and get some pics up when I can...Darshana S...
Ya again...you'll want to do something about the hanger situation. He's right, it's deep and rumbly. Kind of raspy, where the veilside has a smoother exhaust note.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had the HKS carbon ti on my wrx.. I loved it... looked great sounded even better deep tone low rmp and wot was sick! if your car is lowered at all you will scrape it on some speed bumps and steep drive ways... but I had it on the wrx before I lowered it and it didnt scrape a thing... the eibach's lowered it just enough to do the trick though ):

also there is no resonator. and I agree with the other guy stiffer hangers are a must... I had some made for the wrx

·
Registered
635 Posts
so the first hanger on it is no good??? no use for it???? there is 2 hangers on the piping accoriding the pics.....

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I can't remember if the exhaust has actually 1 or 2. I don't remember not being able to make use of all of the hangers, it's just that it still kind of moved around a lot even with the hangers being used. You'll probably just want find some sort of poly hangers to use instead of the stock rubber ones.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I can't remember if the exhaust has actually 1 or 2. I don't remember not being able to make use of all of the hangers, it's just that it still kind of moved around a lot even with the hangers being used. You'll probably just want find some sort of poly hangers to use instead of the stock rubber ones.
where can i get some poly once...any1 got a link????

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
I had the 95mm/3.74" HKS Catbon Ti and I loved it. It fit well, sounded great. No complaints.(Meh, maybe a little shorter tip)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts