Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at the 95mm HKST Carbon TI and was wondering from a scale 1-10 what would you guys rate it. I also have a 3" dp catless if anyone has any experience w/ the exhaust on that. Im really kinda looking for a quiet exhaust while still attaining performance.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
i have one on my car and I personally think it was louder than my old Tanabe. I would say its a 8 out of 10 rating. All of my friends say its loud, my girlfriend hates my exhaust!

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I LOVE my carbon-ti but it is defenitly not for the quiet types. With an 3" DP and no cats it was very loud. I'd say a 7/10. But it is not an annoying loud really, just a very meaty low frequency tone.

If your looking for quiet exhaust and you have no cats it's going to be hard as even the quiet aftermarket exhausts can be rather loud. A silencer or one of those cutout things might be a good investment for you.

·
Search
3,303 Posts
its interesting reading all these replies... I just got one put on my MK3 (just the muffler, I also have a standard glass pack on there too) and I consider it really quiet. I really like it.

·
Garage Queen Club
2,827 Posts
Volume will depend on not only your downpipe diameter, but your turbine exhaust housing AR. At idle, a larger AR'd turbine housing will be louder.

·
Registered
300 Posts
im about to put one of these on my single supra. i'll let you know how it sounds. i always thought they were supposed to be quiet. Are they louder than the nur spec?

·
Damn Spaniards
2,328 Posts
Justin said:
its interesting reading all these replies... I just got one put on my MK3 (just the muffler, I also have a standard glass pack on there too) and I consider it really quiet. I really like it.
What size DP and pipeing do you have going to the Muffler? That makes a HUGE difference...

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
I went from N1 to Super Dragger to Carbon TI and Carbon TI is considerably louder, but sounds absolutely amazing.

·
Registered
300 Posts
chnco said:
I went from N1 to Super Dragger to Carbon TI and Carbon TI is considerably louder, but sounds absolutely amazing.
thats what i wanted to hear. i ripped the back of my nur spec off in a recent accident and one of these came up at a good price so went for it without knowing much about it. Cant wait to get the car back from the bodyshop now

·
Will work for Supra parts
624 Posts
I've got a 3" down pipe and full 3" Greedy exhaust, no cats. Not sure which, exactly, as it was on my car when I bought it, but it's actually very quiet inside, even under WOT. I've had some tell me it's loud outside the car, though. Certainly not at idle or the lower RPMs, but it inside it's very comfortable. Maybe it's the Toyota sound deadening insulation?

·
'93 Supra TT
480 Posts
I have the RMM downpipe and the HKS Carbon Ti exhuast and it sounds great. loud, but great. i am getting my car back soon and will try to post some sound/video clips if it would help

·
Registered
285 Posts
Click here for a sound clip from mine...3" dp and the carbon-ti. From what I noticed at the last meet we had mine seemed louder than most of the other Supras...but it's also a bit deeper of a sound than most of the other cars (excluding single's).

·
'93 Supra TT
480 Posts
yea your's sounds alittle deeper

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Honestly I think mine sounds even louder then that. Might just be the fact that it's recorded over a mic instead of hearing it in person.

·
Registered
285 Posts
JGsupraTT said:
Honestly I think mine sounds even louder then that. Might just be the fact that it's recorded over a mic instead of hearing it in person.
Could be...I also only went up to about 4k-4500 rpm or so, not any higher. I'm sure that depending upon what other mods you have the sounds will change a bit, but it gives people a general idea.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts