·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
My buddy JDMUSCLE here on the forums has it on, I make fun of it as I call it a Frankenstein motor because of all those purple wires all over the engine bay.

·
Registered
839 Posts
grounding wires only work good if you put them in the right spots, and if your motor doesn't have many good grounds to begin with. If your looking for more than 2hp or a buttdyno change you'll be disappointed. But if your looking to improve the overall operation and efficiency of all your electronics than its a good idea.

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MANI009 said:
My buddy JDMUSCLE here on the forums has it on, I make fun of it as I call it a Frankenstein motor because of all those purple wires all over the engine bay.
Can you get him to leave a note for us?

roadtalontsi: thanks for your input. I was mainly looking to improve the efficiency of the electronics.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
green_banana said:
save yourself some bucks and make your own out of 8 gauge power cable and wire connectors.
Ill even make a write up..... :
1) Measure wire span distance with string.
2) Cut wire to previously mesured length.
3) Strip ends
4) Stick some circular connectors on the end
5) Mash the connectors on good and hard with some pliers.
6) Crack open a cold one and reflect on the money you saved, and the:gaysex: colors you avoided displaying all over your engine bay.

·
Registered
535 Posts
you can skip the string. here's a shorter writeup.

1) crimp connector on wire.
2) run wire and cut length as needed. repeat step 1 until done.
3) it's miller time.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Even shorter story-
Dive into a JD/Coke and skip the HKS Circle Jerk altogether. Why get excited over 8hp when most of us run 500hp and more?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts