Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought an HKS DLI version 2 brand new about 8 months ago and installed it upon delivery. Anyways, the thing is since then I have left it unplugged because of the problem I've been having with it:

I know I have a problem with it because not unless it's supposed to change the feel of the car then something is definitely wrong. At idle the car sputters to a point where the exhaust note changes almost where it starts to sound like a WRX~! Revving it up slowly at idle, it's like the DLI is inducing misfires. There's also heavy hestitation and is basically not smooth compared to not even having the DLI.

The install is a cakewalk! I tapped and soldered the 5 wires with yellow stripes and single green wire on the stock igniter, basically the 6 wires to the left of the harness. The connections are good! I soldered everything twice to make sure, even checked the voltage on all wires. Ground is good. I did and followed everything via Stu's instructions on his website except that I didn't get power from the noise filter, I got it from the igniter module. I have '98 btw.

Thanks, Vince

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
It certainly shouldn't cause any change in your idle or create misfires. The trouble with these is that there's no easy way to see if it's working other than to check if the little light is on....

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
solder?

instead of crimping? :scratch:

the DLI should not induce anything on the car as it just gets the same info from the sensor the stock ecu gets.

Have you checked your timing when the DLI gets installed?

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
If you get serious and want to find the problem you could start by desoldering your six connections and see if just powering the unit causes problems. If that alone causes the problem I'd take my power from another source. If that still causes a problem I'd return the unit. If you're good with power hooked up, I'd add the wires one at a time until I found the source of the problem. Good luck....

·
Banned
724 Posts
Just unplug it for now, and see if your problem goes away, the DLI should not effect your idle! as posted above, check your sparks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts