Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to use HKS Drag Coilovers this year on my car so that I can get the proper weight transfer for 1.5 60 ft's (th400 tranny, 4200 stall, CCW drag setup).

However I also want to be able to slam my car back down during the week on my 19"/20" combo for daily driving.

My question is:
Will the HKS's ride and handle well with this setup or will they be too soft causing me to hit my bumpstops?

Also how low will the HKS's allow me to drop the car below the factory ride height?

Will they go as low as my current Eibach Prokit?

With my big wheels I really don't need to go too low to make the wheel well gap disappear.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
I don't have any experience with these, but if a cheap set ever pops up I'd sure like to try them. Just FYI, with a good tire and converter setup I got 1.43 60' out of stock shocks and eibachs. :)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are nice times, I really just want the ability to raise and lower the car for shows, track use, and street use.

Do you attribute your sick 60 ft times to your 15"x27" Hoosiers?

I don't think anyone is getting those times on 16" M/T's & Eibachs.

Off Topic: Dave I ended up buying a set of welds 5.5"back spacing just like yours but have decided to just use a 16" setup. I will sell them cheap if anyone is interested. I can even mount M/T or Hoosires on them if you would like. They will only fit over N/A brakes.

K

·
0 Posts
i have these coil overs on my car now. I don't have any problem with the height or stops, i run 18s on mine.
I like the feel for around town use better than the ibachs that were on the car when i bought it.
As for track use, i stay straighter than i ever did before, and when she squats off the line , she stays down until i brake at the end.
Hope this helps

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
T78supra said:

Off Topic: Dave I ended up buying a set of welds 5.5"back spacing just like yours but have decided to just use a 16" setup. I will sell them cheap if anyone is interested. I can even mount M/T or Hoosires on them if you would like. They will only fit over N/A brakes.
Rich, You have a pm

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
I have the HKS drag coilovers too! Ride around town is just fine and for the track, well i have some adjusting to do. Going to try and soften it up a bit in the back for more dip, but on my street setting is when i cut the 10.1 and the car did go STRAIGHT! just make sure you have skinnies.

·
Registered
581 Posts
MK4LIFE said:
I have the HKS drag coilovers too! Ride around town is just fine and for the track, well i have some adjusting to do. Going to try and soften it up a bit in the back for more dip, but on my street setting is when i cut the 10.1 and the car did go STRAIGHT! just make sure you have skinnies.
It would be a very intresting summer for us

Skinnis with bogart
400hp more
Spool in the diffrential
500lbs lighter

low 9s here we come

·
Registered
904 Posts
Supramannen said:
It would be a very intresting summer for us

Skinnis with bogart
400hp more
Spool in the diffrential
500lbs lighter

low 9s here we come
:bsflag:

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MK4LIFE said:
What was your 60ft on that 10.1 run?

Would you say the ride is softer or stiffer than an Eibach setup?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts