Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Park?

·
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The driving force to making a bunch of these posts was out of curiousity of knoweledge. I really am curious what results came from these products.

You never answer my earlier question, did you finally go single???

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
OK, seven months later, I'll attempt to give my 2 cents. EIDS is not "old news" it's a sound way of temporarily modifying the algorthm responsible for the "MAF" input at the ECU. I quote MAF because one could also be utilizing a VPC with this device.
I have installed two SAFRs and one stand-alone EIDS, two on Z32s and one on a JZA80. The Supra was a 6MT, w/AM blow-off and one of Z32s was AT and the other Z32 was MT. Both Z32s had stock blow-off.
The SAFRs went on the Z32s and the guy with the AT complained of too much decel in between shifts. The other, with MT, had nothing bad to say other than this feeling of surge or fuel-cut when he let off the throttle. The Supra had a SSQV BOV and the EIDS certainly worked at keeping the car running on throttle let-off and that was good enough for that owner.
I use EIDS on my 4AT and have confirmed absolutely no rich A/F on sudden throttle closure. There is some fuel-cut feeling in between the gears, only during light throttle applications, but this is what the device does- it rapidly responds by decreasing the voltage of the "MAF" signal to the ECU.

Hope this helps (or maybe you are stand-alone by now)!

·
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I am on an EMS but like I mentioned earlier I was curious to see what happened with this product since I don't get to hear a lot of news on it. Thanks for the info!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts