Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
SupraForums Sponsor
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be installing a HKS EVC EZ boost controller next week and have heard of some people installing it like the BLITZ DSBC install says to on mkiv.com. I believe this is to prevent using pressure from the pressure tank or something along those lines. What are the pros/cons of installing it like a DSBC or using HKS' instructions? just want to know which way i need to install it...thanks for the help guys!

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
I am running TTC and I had my EVC$ hooked up the Blitz way and it worked great. I was having some problems getting desired boost, so in trouble shooting, I hooked it up the way that HKS reccomends and found some blown vaccum hosoes leading to the pressure tank. I fixed those but now it goes to 1.2bar but then trails down to 1.08 bar and then goes back to 1.2 after a shift, and is very inconsistent.

I would hook it up the Blitz way, I just haven't taken the time to switch it back. I actually want to remove my pressure tank and throw it in the trash so that's why I haven't gotten around to it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I used the Blitz setup from MKIV.com for my HKS-EZ when I found out how hard it was to get the last connection in the back of the engine bay to the pressure tank. Has worked fine so far (about 5k miles). By doing this you make full stock boost on the #1 turbo and switch to your set boost once the #2 spools in a sequential set-up. This might be dangerous for your #2 without going to TTC, which would allow you to directly boost to your setpoint with this hookup. I plan on going to TTC or ETTC, but I've been too busy to do this yet.

-E

1 - 3 of 3 Posts