Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone own any of these boost controllers, if so, which one is better, im going in circles again, which boost controller i want, i was looking at the APEXIAVCR< but i want something easy to use and small so i can hide it, any recomendations?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If I'm getting another one, I'll go for EZ. I like things simple, EVC-IV gets too complicated sometimes. :)

·
Administrator
17,223 Posts
If you're on stock sequential twins...it's all about the EVC-EZ. Fuzzy logic and stock sequential twins aren't the best combination...so don't bother with the EVC IV if that is your case. If you're running TTC or a single turbo, than the EVC IV would be fine.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
go down to TJ, really close to Diego, pick up a nice hooker for like $40.

Fefe Bag
go with evc ez.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anil, i dont want to pick up your mom again LOL

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Get the EZ. It's well..... Easy after all :) I'm amazed at how well it holds boost and doesn't spike at all.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is the EVC EZ like the greddy pro b where they are just knobs to turn and no screen or screen to show the #'s and how much boost u are boosting?????i see 2 knobs on the EVC EZ but looks like there is a screen when u boost, is there one????

·
Registered
12 Posts
No screen it is like an manual boost controller that can be put in the cockpit. There is a button to turn it on (left) and a large knob on the right that you turn ever so slowly to increase the boost. Make sure you have a boost gage.

·
Formerly jza8shwoff
128 Posts
The HKS EVC EZ works great and is very simple to use...hense "EZ"..

The HKS EVC IV is great too, and before everyone starts flaming me, YOU CAN BYPASS THE FUZZY LOGIC FEATURE AT THE INTIAL SET UP,

I used the EVC IV on stock twins, by bypass the Fuzzy logic feature anf it works great. You get the additional features of the EVC IV, display screen, Lo and High boost settings, Scramble boost feature, overboost warning, etc...

But bang for the buck still goes to the EVC EZ

Just my $0.02

Will

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like having the display screen and stuff like that, but something easy to use and not hard, i wanted th EVC IV but eveyone been saying dont get it get the EZ, thanks will

·
Formerly jza8shwoff
128 Posts
I wont lie, the EZ is easier to use. But with the EVC IV, once you get it set and used to it..its a breeze. The hardest part is the set up, but thats pretty basic. Maybe its cause I worked with it alot, maybe not. Regardless either way you go, EZ or IV, you wil be fine. I can offer you set up help either way. I have used the AVCR, Profec A and B and DSBC...so just let me know....

Have you heard of the EVC IV silver?

Just like the EVC IV, but with a silver case, Lexus GS style light up screen, and peak hold.

http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=1380

will

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was also thinking the BLitz DSBC looks easy to use and has the display screen i can use. Out of all those EBC u have used AVCR, EVC IV, DSBC, which one do u like the most, easy to use and cheap as well, i like the AVCR setup but looks realy hard to use. If u can help me out that be cool, thanks will

·
Retired Admin
597 Posts
Blitz is the coolest but most people don't want to spend that kind of money. I have the EZ, which is a best seller.

AVC-R is a pain to use and I've had a lot of complaints. Most people who don't like their profec-b and AVC-R get the EVC 9 times out of 10.

·
Formerly jza8shwoff
128 Posts
The EVC EZ and a Boost meter is the easist and very reliable combo. The EVC EZ uses the same stepping motor as the EVC IV and PRO, which means that you get the same stable consistant boost regulation as its bigger brother EBC's (compared to a MBC, which can fluctuate from temp and atmosphere levels). All you need to do is use the "volume" knob on the EZ and turn the boost, by watching the boost gauge, to the level you want and you are set.

The Blitz DSBC works good, but the set up on the EVC IV is more straight foward, you just set the boost setting you want (e.g. 1.1kg/mm2 and thats what you get versus the blitz which you change the "ratio" from 0-100)

Of all the EBC's I have used, my two favorite are the EVC IV and old AVC-R. I personally, would never use another greddy profec..but thats just me. I have jsut had and seen too many bad experiences, ecspecially with the Profec A

Will

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently went from the EZ to the EVC IV. I bought the headunit only and used the old stepping motor and wiring harness. If someone wants to go with the EZ and could find the motor and harness, I will sell my EZ head unit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts