Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there...

I just installed the F-CON today, but after putting all together, my car does not start. Oh well, it starts and then it shuts off emmidiately...
Does anybody had the same problem, what could it be...

Help.

Greetings from good old Germany

·
Registered
287 Posts
faulty pressure sensor perhaps? I would triple check all connections. I remember when my pressure sensor for my vpc was bad, it would start, but then die out. And I bel. vpc and f-con both use the same pressure sensors. HTH.

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
yeah if the pressure sensor is dead then it would start then immediately die like a bad AFM unit (stock).

The FCON and VPC both use the same pressure sensors yes. So if you have an FCON AND a VPC you only need ONE pressure sensor, do not hook up both or the computer will be confused and may cause some other problems which could be misfiring and/or stalling (not starting?).

-Jonathan

PS: Call HKS on it. maybe they could help you. I know they did for me! :)

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Call HKS USA/Europe. The pressure sensor is variable from 0-5v (volts) Same Denso part number as FC RX7 13B rotary turbo pressure sensor. Use a multi meter.

-Jonathan

·
Registered
287 Posts
simann said:
yeah if the pressure sensor is dead then it would start then immediately die like a bad AFM unit (stock).

The FCON and VPC both use the same pressure sensors yes. So if you have an FCON AND a VPC you only need ONE pressure sensor, do not hook up both or the computer will be confused and may cause some other problems which could be misfiring and/or stalling (not starting?).

-Jonathan

PS: Call HKS on it. maybe they could help you. I know they did for me! :)

Simaan: Bec. my VPC sensor was bad, I simply spliced the vpc lines into the f-con sensor. So I had both units running off of one sensor. Car ran fine, ('til I blew the ct26). Is this setup correct? (Sorry to go off tangent).

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
The sensor you speak of, is that the boost pressure sensor?

If thats true, I guess you should be ok. Though you could just use the one, plug it into the VPC harness which sends the signal to the FCON anyways, meaning there is not a reason for splicing the sensor.

See the FCON "gathers" the information from the VPC, meaning the VPC's boost pressure sensor is enough. You do not need two sensors.

get me?

So did you get the car running fine?

-Jonathan

·
Registered
287 Posts
simann said:
The sensor you speak of, is that the boost pressure sensor?

If thats true, I guess you should be ok. Though you could just use the one, plug it into the VPC harness which sends the signal to the FCON anyways, meaning there is not a reason for splicing the sensor.

See the FCON "gathers" the information from the VPC, meaning the VPC's boost pressure sensor is enough. You do not need two sensors.

get me?

So did you get the car running fine?

-Jonathan
Simann: Yep, I was referring to the boost pressure sensor. Thanks! As for the owner above, IIRC, there is in the fcon or vpc manual a check procedure for the sensor, to test using a voltmeter. I'm pretty sure there is. I couldn't find my pics on my pc of the instructions, but I coulda sworn there is a test for this...

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Cool beans. Glad to help you out. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts