Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
i recorded mark7m001.mp3
2,106 Posts
It should fit fine. I had a 3" cone on my car (97 obd2) before, just clamped directly to the MAF.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
11,221 Posts
3", really? When I bought my car, it had an maf on it. I assumed that the maf was stock. It had a " K&N filter on it. Wonder why mine's 2.5" and yours are "??

I did buy a TT maf, and that had a 3" inlet.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
well, i got it today. can't really say that i notice a huge difference in performance. says it adds 5-10 hp. you know how that is though, even if it did you can't really notice 5-10 hp. what it did do was free up a ton of room now that i got rid of that stupid airbox. thing is about the airbox is that it does an awesome job of keeping dirt out of it, let alone dirt even getting to the air filter. i'll take some pics and post them tomorrow

now all i have to do is get someone to make me a bling bling intake manifold :bj:

shit i had to try out that smily. that one is awesome hahahaha

·
11,221 Posts
Are you sure your maf's inlet is 3"? Cause mine is 2.5", and I bought a TT maf hoping to use it, but I went vpc. The TT's MAF inlet is 3". I would imaging that is correct, because the TT maf would be bigger.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think the actual inlet is 2.5", but there are 2 rubber ring type gaskets around it that hook into the airbox that i just hose clamped it down to so it fit ok. i did go to home depot though to buy another hose clamp so that i could clamp the one it came with to the maf, and the other clamp to the filter itself

·
11,221 Posts
Yea I do. I just ordered a seal/gasket kit for the tranny. We gonna try to replace that too while we are at it. Josh (WhiteBlazze) is helping me with the tranny swap.

I'm pretty positive the inlet of the maf is 2.5". Would you mind measuring it for me?

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
michael - yeah it's 2.5 inches, the rubber gasket around it was enough for me to hose clamp down on it. good luck with that tranny man. hope shes not down for too long

kevin - i thought for sure i would notice a big difference in sound but for some reason i didn't

1 - 13 of 13 Posts