Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I tried a search on this topic but did not find what I was looking for.

I am in the process of installing the HKS Type S kit. On the driver's side, the pipe that comes off the IC hits a hard line when I try to rotate it up to where I think it should be. This line, I am assuming is the infamous AC line that I have to bend out of the way. As of right now, I cannot get the pipe of the throttlebody and the pipe off the driver's side IC to line up.

My question is, which is the best way to bend it? Also, how much should I bend it?...I dont wanna break it or anything. Please specify the best direction to bend it in (ie: toward the front driver's side wheel, etc.)

Also, any pics of that area of the FMIC installation would be an immense help. I would love to see pics of how your AC line looks after you bent it.

In addition, right where the drivers side IC outlet is, there are 2 or three hardlines that seem to be in the way. The placement of these lines seems to be preventing me from putting the driver's side IC pipe into the IC. If I put the pipe in, then the bottom IC bracket does not line up with the hole....I need a longer bracket. Am i supposed to bend those out of the way as well?

Thanks,

Asheesh

·
Registered
457 Posts
If you have a new power steering cooler than you don't have to worry about the PS lines as much.. If not, you will have to cut the hard line a little and extend the rubber hose...
Regarding the AC lines.... try to bend them down so the IC pipe goes between the car and the AC lines. don't uscrew any of the fittings on the AC line as you may lose the freon.... I didn't you any special tool for the bending just my hands...

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
You need to bend the AC lines down. I have a pic I will post later for you of what it should look like. All you have to do is unbolt the brackets from the frame, bend the lines down, and run the piping. The lines will not go anywhere, so dont worry about bolting them back up.

Jason

·
Registered
175 Posts
Jason, just for my well being also, do you mind posting a close up pic of what they look like after being bent? Thanks buddy!
Travis

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
xskaboomx said:
Jason, just for my well being also, do you mind posting a close up pic of what they look like after being bent? Thanks buddy!
Travis
Here you go:

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
I forgot to add, you need to loosen the bolt in the middle of the car that holds the AC lines, and slightly twist the lines down a little. This way, you wont have to do as much bending. You can see the bracket in the pic:

Jason

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was able to get the pipe to fit by bending the AC lines a little forward and a little toward the dirver's side. I was a close fit, but I think I am good.....to keep the AC lines out of the way I will zip tie them with heavy duty ties.

The major issue was refitting my trans cooler....I was able to do this by rotating it 90 degrees and angling the bottom of it back a little.

I am waiting on some couplers, so hopefully it will all come together nicely.

Asheesh

·
Registered
687 Posts
Yea, make sure to get those lines out of the way. My FMIC put a hole in one of those. Annoying little fix too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts