Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I emailed www.phase2motortrend.com about a group buy for HKS Fuel and (6) greddy injectors. He said the best he could is 910+ shipping. Is this a good deal? What's the going price for the rail with injectors? Would there be anyone interested in the group buy , if it is a good deal?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
turbomkiv,

did yours come with o-ring? Because i don't think he mentioned o-rings with it. What kind of injector o-rings will i need to make this combination work? how much are the o-rings?

·
Registered
342 Posts
THE O-RINGS question.....they do not come with o-rings or gromets which sits on top of the injectors. I end up purchase a bunch (50 o-rings ) from American Seal, Inc in Deerpark. HKS sell each o-ring for $10. I can sell you a set (for $10) You still need the gromets (/o-rings) which you can get from Mazda dealer. These are the same injectors Mazda used for the second generation GXL RX-7. Let me know. I have about 3 sets left.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Power House: Rail, injectors, o rings and quick release clips, $999.

I was told today by a friend that the feed or return on the HKS rail is between the 5/6 injector and that the rail hits the throttle body when intalled. The pics I've seen show the feed and return on the ends of the rail although I did see someones car with a line coming out by 5/6. I thought it was custom made like that. Can anyone confirm.

I was planning on buying this rail and injectors soon. Thanks.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Supra400hptt, depend on how you want the to feed the rail, you do not need to use that tap. The way I have with my set up is feeding into one end of the rail and have the regulator at the other end. It is very similar to the stock configuration. There is a tap/plug that positions between the 5th and 6th injector. I have my plug up so you do not have to use it unless you have a dual feed set up.

·
Registered
342 Posts
supra400hptt, I did not have any problems with the fitment. You need to get a 90 degree hose end for the connection close to the firewall since there is very little room.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Thanks again. I got pretty much everything but the rail and injectors. Planning on a T78 right now. If anyone wants to see a diagram and chart of my fuel sys it's on my web page. I haven't started installing it yet so I don't know if I'll run into any problems but I don't forsee any.

K

·
0 Posts
gas smell

Any one here with the upgrd fuel system had any fuel smells coming from the car? I would like to know what was done to get rid of it.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Turbomkiv, can you confirm th esource for those injectors? From an RX7? The prices that I've seen on those - $200 apiece or so - has seemed awful high. I figured there must be an OEM app for them somewhere and have been looking for it. RX7 makes sense. Did that car have primary and secondary injectors and if so which are these? Will the later FD3 injectors work?

What about the 800+ CC injectors - any idea where they come from? Do the 750 injectors require adapters in the intake or am I thinking of another? I've not yet gotten a good look at the Supra injectors (soon!) but the pics look a little like what they new Cobras and Lightnings are using - upgraded injectors for those aren't $200 a pop! Who makes them? Siemans or..?

I don't mind spending money on truly custom stuff but billet rail material isn't that expensive per foot (unmachined) and repackaging OEM injectors from another app just seems a bit pricey. I realize there's engineering involved and low volume production for some of this but ouch!

P.S. Fuel smell... check the seal at the tank where the pump is at and check every fitting. Where there's smoke there's fire and in this case that would truly suck! Every time I've smelled fuel for an extended time it's turned out to be a leak somewhere, sometimes tiny (sigh). It shouldn't be considered "normal" IMO. Good luck!

·
Boostin...
1,265 Posts
My fuel system is almost done. I just have to put the new HKS rail on and mount the 2nd in-tank pump. I am going in at each end of the rail and back out the center for the return. Lines are already run. I should be done in a few days. I have about $1200.00 tied up in the whole thing. HKS rail, 756cc injectors, o-rings, clips, 2nd stock pump, Aeroquip FPR, lines, and fittings.

Bob

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
I can get you guys the SP fuel rail, (Largest available with the center return in the CENTER), Lower intake adapters, Injector wire clips, and your choice of either 750cc or 860cc injectors for $900.

Lar
SP

·
Boostin...
1,265 Posts
I am runing two -6 lines from the pumps to a -8 T connector, that uses two adapters to connect to the -6 lines. The -8 line runs up to the engine bay where it splits back out to two -6 lines, to hook up at each end of the fuel rail. The -8 line even fits under the stock plastic fuel line protector. The stock return line is still used as return.

Bob

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I recently bought SPs rail, injectors and clips. Everything is going well. My web page has been updated with my progress on how I'm putting everything in. I'm about 3/4 finished. Click on the Fuel Sys link for the documents. They have pics so they take a loooong time to download.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Guys,

Do yourself a favor and buy the SP rail. It has the best mounting hardware of any. The billet mounts for the SP rail attach to the lower intake with two allen head BOLTS and to the fuel rail with two allen head BOLTS -- not tiny Philips head screws like some of the rails use to attach the mount to the rail. I've heard of the screws vibrating loose and fuel spraying out of the rail when the rail consequently blows off the end of the injector. Plus, the SP mounts are hunks of aluminum manufactured from billet stock, not flimsy stamped brackets. This is not to say that the other rails will not remain securely attached if properly installed, but the SP rail has very rugged attachment hardware and there is otherwise no downside to the SP rail.

Steve

Sound Performance said:
I can get you guys the SP fuel rail, (Largest available with the center return in the CENTER), Lower intake adapters, Injector wire clips, and your choice of either 750cc or 860cc injectors for $900.

Lar
SP

K

·
0 Posts
I have used the hks rail plenty of times, no problems, -8 in and -6 return. i would use the sard fpr. It is small and easy to mount, and most of all it works great.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts