What is my name? Rob W.
What is your email? [email protected]
What is your phone number? : email for info
What is your City? : Riverside
What is your State? : Cali
What is your Zipcode? : 92501
---------------------------------------

Selling my HKS twin disk clutch.

I bought it with out 1000 miles on it. Decided to go with a previous setup i had purchased.

same kit as pictured here

https://www.speedforsale.com/suprap...-p-107.html?osCsid=apkqeb0mhj7lbbbgvt2vrc5ss2

clutch is like new condition. 95% of friction material still on the clutch. No issues. No launches, zero abuse. does not include the clutch slave cylinder rod.

Im not sure how much these go for used but new they are around 1800-2000$

was asking 1200$

new low price of 1000$

ZERO paypal fees.

less chance of crank walk with a multi stage clutch.

·
Registered
173 Posts
any idea how many hp's the clutch can handle????

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
with out the clutch rod, from my understanding the engagement will be more aggressive than with it. You can purchase the special clutch rod for about 60$

lots of people drive with out it and some with the clutch slave rod can not tell much for a difference.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
new clutch anyone?
800hp range and 650-700tq

however you'll have less of a chance of crank walk with a multi plate clutch due to less pressure plate .... pressure on the crank.

One of the main reasons i got this one instead of a single puck clutch.

"Crank Walk? What is that in a MKIV Supra? Crankshaft damage caused or thought to be mainly caused by excessive pressure on the snout of the crank by heavy pressure plates. The factory pressure plate is around 2600lbs of force and to get the single disc aftermarket clutches to hold power, they crank up the pressure (various methods) to 3000-3200lbs. If you want to eliminate the fear of crank walk, then go with a multi-disc clutch, end of story."

·
Registered
173 Posts
have u had the clutch installed in your car? simply trying to find out how it felt...any opinion?? is the pedal hard, how is the engagement? i might grab it if i find a positive review...

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
with out the clutch rod, from my understanding the engagement will be more aggressive than with it. You can purchase the special clutch rod for about 60$

lots of people drive with out it and some with the clutch slave rod can not tell much for a difference.
I think you need to have that rod. My friend has this clutch in his V160 and he had to modify the clutch fork as he didnt have the rod. Otherwise the clutch would grab so up that the clutch slipped all the time... If this is the part I think you are referring.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you dont need to have it or hks would have included it with the kit.

the rod allows you to slip the clutch more. I had it in my car and frankly the engagement is short but i had no problems with it.

there are threads about this part on the forums.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
On an Evo and an STI at least these HKS GD Max clutches were probably the most streetable, softest pedal-feeling aftermarket clutches, perfect for daily driving and from my recollection, far easier to modulate when on an incline compared to my RPS Carbon clutch which is just as soft in pedal feel in my V160 but not as easy to modulate when the car is hanging on an incline.

HOWEVER there have been a lot of documented problems wherein the HKS GD Max clutch has the dowels / pins that hold the assembly together break / snap, primarily for the Evo and one for the STI which I saw personally though I never heard about it in other cars. We have replacement ones fabricated locally and afterwards never had the same problem on the cars that had these parts break. When these pins break, you're stranded.

Aside from that, really a great clutch for street and road race and pretty good price :) GLWS I'd buy it if I didn't have my RPS in already!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts