Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in some info on this kit, does anyone have it or know someone who does? im wondering what you guys think if its worth it and what times and hp have people put out with this kit.

thanks
louis

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Louis,

it all depends on the HKS GT2835 turbine size. There are different exhaust A/Rs in which this kit comes, starting with .50, then .61, then the BIG DADDIES with .73 A/R. Power output and lag depend on the size of the exhaust housing. Heart of the kit is a ball-bearing HKS GT 2835 turbine, which is state-of-the-art. Kit is outrageously priced (MSRP $10,250, street $8,000).

Good resource:

http://www.treynor.com/Supra.htm

Hope this helps dude!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been following with a friend of mine at HKS on a custom setup using the 2540R turbos. Basically what we've been saying is if they do it in the east then we should do it over here. I mean they run twins more on supras then they do singles. Maybe that could be argued but that's what HKS says also.. So anyways, smaller turbos running the largest A/R's wont get so much on the top end but who needs it? Your bottom end will be smoking with twins larger then stock but can spool similar to them with about 600-650 maybe even 700hp.. Doesn't sound to bad. Problem is they are testing it on MKIV's now mildly tuned. I myself donated my ride but to no avail my buddy has an mkiv and is coming off a T04r. So in conclusion if you can handle the rush go twin, but do your homework. Search the forums, call HKS, don't be afraid to ask questions.

If the 2540R kit becomes a proven performer, don't expect it to be to long after until HKS makes the 2540R twin turbo kit..

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I checked out that link, lots of info in the kit. I would like to go twin turbo instead of the ever popular single turbo. well see.. kit is so damn expensive though.

Thanks,
Louis

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the 2835 kit. It comes with the .73 A/R standard, and is good for about 775 rwhp at 2.0 bar. .87 is the largest A/R available.

It is real expensive, and not justified unless you just want the trick factor and have money. The T88 is roughly an equivalant turbo, for half the price.

BTW, don't expect 700 rwhp out of 2540s, and they will not spool like stock. The 2835 kit is not my first aftermarket twin turbo kit. Bigger turbo(s) -> more power -> more lag, and vice versa. Like everything else, it's a tradeoff. There is no magic turbo kit.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Walser said:
I have the 2835 kit. It comes with the .73 A/R standard, and is good for about 775 rwhp at 2.0 bar. .87 is the largest A/R available.

It is real expensive, and not justified unless you just want the trick factor and have money. The T88 is roughly an equivalant turbo, for half the price.

BTW, don't expect 700 rwhp out of 2540s, and they will not spool like stock. The 2835 kit is not my first aftermarket twin turbo kit. Bigger turbo(s) -> more power -> more lag, and vice versa. Like everything else, it's a tradeoff. There is no magic turbo kit.

actually you can buy a 1.12 AR exhaust housing from hks. its about 240 msrp. i got the catalog. and i've seen a skyline do 850HP at 2.0 bar. With the extra liters the supra have. i expect it to push more power with a higher AR and properly tuned heads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts