Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know how good the HKS GT 42 Turbo is? How does it compare to the t-63 through t88 turbos? I think the HKS turbo is the duel ball-bearing one. I just don't know how fast the power comes, and how much power this turbo makes.

Thanks,

Sorry, can someone move this post to the tech. section. I did not realize that I clicked on the wrong section. :sad:

W

·
0 Posts
I would be very interested as well. Those larger dual ball-bearings were not available to the public just a year ago or so. The main advantage of the true dual ball-bearing turbos is durability, though better spool may show up. I can't say that I've seen any difference that isn't lost in the noise.

G

·
0 Posts
Innovative makes some "true" dual b-b turbos... I'd like to know how those pan out myself...

Walser said:
I would be very interested as well. Those larger dual ball-bearings were not available to the public just a year ago or so. The main advantage of the true dual ball-bearing turbos is durability, though better spool may show up. I can't say that I've seen any difference that isn't lost in the noise.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Here is a compressor map for Garrett GT30- GT45 turbos. Its from the only site that I have seen that has gt series turbo compressor maps. Its small and hard to read but it gives you the basics on the flow of the turbo. They also have a VNT option for these turbos which should help out spool. Another interesting thing is the optional "dual turbine by-pass valves" which I am guessing is twin internal wastegates. It seems like these would be too big for twins, they flow about as much as a 60mm turbo. Other tuners have also claimed that better power and better spool off of the garrett ballisitic series compared to conventional turbos. Hope that helps

-amir

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found some more info about the gt-42 turbos. With a trim of .50 they flow just as much as a t-66 with a trim of .70. As for the power, it could make around 680rwhp. :yum:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts