Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as anyone seen what this turbo can do on a supra ??????

·
Registered
122 Posts
IMO it would be way to small for a supra. I just put a gt3040 on my wrx which is a 2.0 The 3040 is more suited for 2.0's that can rev pretty high.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i guess i will have to see i just put one on my mk3 but its not all together yet

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i guess no one has ever put just one of these on a supra around here

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that would be way too much lag it has an .87ar and its only an mk3

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have one on my 1.5JZ (3 litre) Soarer. Mine has a 1.12 a/r exhaust housing though but still spools up quickly. Some clowns at a workshop once forgot to connect up my wastegate hoses. When I had the car on the dyno it hit the 1.5bar overboost cutout before 3500 rpm so it spins up pretty quick.

I don't want any bigger (it's a 58mm) because it's my daily driver but still has plenty enough power for me. HKS rate them at 500hp at the flywheel but that's conservative - probably more than 550 I'd guess.

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
hey man...one of my friends in fl..has this turbo in his mkiii for a long time..he has nothing but positive experience with...its not way to small for the mkiii's....plus he makes abt 477rhwp...n 505rwtq at 22psi!! n on a very conservative afr!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats more what im lookin for about 500+ the wheels with a lil nos and race fuel

·
Registered
122 Posts
should have made this post in mk3 section then.... i still think it's too small of a turbo even for a mk3. like i said its more suited for a 2.0, look at flow charts for the turbo. Flow very well on a 2.0 that can get its revs up, on a 2.5 it would just be out a breath.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The HKS GT3040 is available with turbine housings ranging from 0.61 to 1.12. Try fitting the 1.12 to your WRX and see how well your engine will spin that turbo up.

Also, I've never seen flow maps for the HKS range of Garrett turbos. Are they available?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sure go on the hks site they have them on there, and like your were sayin i have the .87ar myself i think it will work well with my car if not i will just sell it any get another but i wanted to go with something that was bb

1 - 12 of 12 Posts