Supra Forums banner

HKS Hipermax II instructions

3K views 4 replies 1 participant last post by  ma71supraturbo 
#1 ·
I had planned on getting tein's, but a good deal came up so I picked up some hipermax II's for my 87turbo. The only problem is I don't read japanese.

Is it safe to assume, clockwise tightens/stiffens the dampener? Is the top adjustment compression, and the bottom adjustment rebound?

The lower spring perch seems to have two parts, but the tool only fits nicely on the bottom "nut" (for lack of a better word). Is there anything I should know about this? I assume this nut basically locks the spring preload/ride height adjustment in place.

G
#4 ·
The lower nut is a locknut to lock the perch in place. It will creep down if not tightened. I recommend wrapping a little tape around the shock body just below the perch nut after the car is corner balanced, so you can visually tell if the perch has crept. A 1mm difference in perch height makes a substantial difference in corner weights.

Clockwise is firmer (more damping). There is only one adjustment I know of - they are single adjustable shocks - if I recall correctly bump and rebound are both adjusted by the one adjuster. Some single adjustable shocks adjust only rebound.

The schraeder valve at the bottom of the shock is for the nitrogen fill. Don't open it up unless you have nitrogen and a good idea of what you're going to do with a different gas pressure.

Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.