Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I recently bought the HKS Hyper Damper kit from this person, however, there was no instructions on how to adjust the height and damper.

How do I adjust the height? The current setup is too low for my vehicle, in order for me to lift the vehicle about 1/2 inch, do I turn clockwise? or counterclockwise?

Also, how do I adjust the damper? The rear ones have the metal thing sticking out and I could turn the metal thing to adjust the damper however, how do I make the ride firmer? turning clockwise or counterclockwise? And the front ones do not have anything to adjust the damper with, how do I adjust the front damper?

Thanks in advance.

Peter~

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
cupete said:
Guys,

I recently bought the HKS Hyper Damper kit from this person, however, there was no instructions on how to adjust the height and damper.

How do I adjust the height? The current setup is too low for my vehicle, in order for me to lift the vehicle about 1/2 inch, do I turn clockwise? or counterclockwise?

Also, how do I adjust the damper? The rear ones have the metal thing sticking out and I could turn the metal thing to adjust the damper however, how do I make the ride firmer? turning clockwise or counterclockwise? And the front ones do not have anything to adjust the damper with, how do I adjust the front damper?

Thanks in advance.

Peter~
Peter- You raise the spring perch to raise the ride height. If it's the new Hiper Dampers, they adjust with an allen tool that fits into the centr of the shock from the top. CCW is softer, CW is firmer. If it's the older model, you should call HKS to find out about the adjustment. (310) 763-9600.

Jeff

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response,

I think it's the newer model, the front ones have little hole on top, however, I didn't get any adjusting tools when I bought it off from someone. The rear ones have metal thingy sticking out in the center.

So, CW is firmer huh? I should give this a try when I get home from work. Will making the coilover firmer make any improvement on rubbing?

The front, I have about 1/2 inch gap between the tire and the fender, however, if I make sharp turns, the tire would rub against the fender. Can I fix this problem by making the coilover firmer? or do I need to raise the vehicle a bit to solve the rubbing problem?

Thanks again,

Peter~

1 - 3 of 3 Posts