Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought the HKS intake system available for MKIII's that are naturally aspired? I found a place that sells it for $160, does that sound reasonable? worth it? I thought n/a mkIII's didnt have aftermarket intakes??? what do u guys think?

B

·
0 Posts
i have the super mega flow. its great, especialy with the lexus afm. I prob gained 7-10 hp over the stock air box. ill take a pic and post it. The only problem is that you have to replace te filter every 7 thousand miles. Its worth it though, it looks good and sounds good.
-Ben

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah..

thats for your naturally aspired supra right? cause I have n 88 as my name suggests, 160 doesnt sound too bad??

Y

·
0 Posts
I have the HKS Super MagaFlow, and it's great: perfect mating to the AFM. You can get the filters in colours also; I go with the yellow so I can get a sense of how dirty they are. I have a air pipe meandering its way from the front of the car to dump fresh air just in front of the filter, I replace mine about twice a year for $15.

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
160 sounds a tad high.

Really all you need is a universal adapter for your AFM ~25 bux. Then you can buy your favorite filter. If you want HKS, the universal HKS should be about $99. I don't see a need to pay extra??

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aga

Really all you need is a universal adapter for your AFM ~25 bux.

Where could I get one of these? I initially just wanted to put a K & N drop in filter to my car, but was surprised there was an intake for it.

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
not sure where in southern cali you are but toysport in gardena sells the hks intake for the mk3 supra for $130 out the door. i think most places should sell it for about that much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts