Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going single any advantage with getting these came grears or should i just forget about them!???

O

·
0 Posts
Yeah, stick with the 5 bolt pattern. It'll never break loose on you (hopefully).

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what do i gain from them really??

·
Supra Fender Covers PM me
502 Posts
cam gains

Ranger whats up TonyG from NEMKIV
I have been reading up on this also and i think you gain roughly ~10 hp from exhaust side only came(might have that ass backwards) but i was going to change my timing belt soon and i was seriously thinking of buying a Jun cam. I dont think i will buy two. I would reccomend staying away from the AEM ones because i know of a couple people who have been screwed because they were broken down because of them slipping.
Hope this helps

S

·
0 Posts
What happens if they come loose.. has that happened to any of you guys....??

O

·
0 Posts
It's hard to say the gain on those things. I changed out my coil packs and changed to the JUN cam gears at the same time. With proper tuning, I gained 20 hp though from 4200 to 6800 before the clutch crapped out on the dyno. I considered them mainly because I'll be changing cams to 272, 272 later this year. You need the cam gears to install the cams so it's kind of like an investment.

Eric

T-78, 500 rwhp w/stock fuel and 152500 miles? Now that's a goal.

B

·
0 Posts
I have HKS on both on my car never slipped any, as long as you tighten them, HKS is Cheaper and looks better too. Outlaw, no you don't need cam gear to get cams, you will set them back to 0 when you put the cams in, if you leave at those settings you will loose HP, Why are you going with 272, no point just take longer to spool the turbo and you power band will be so high it will be unusable, with out a built motor.

Chris

O

·
0 Posts
My ultimate goal is to end up with the highest redline possible, at least 8000 rpm through the use of upgraded ECU and valve springs. I mainly got them because of the flexability that comes with the ability of adjustment. I'd rather have them than not, kind of thing. I don't mind the lag time, really. I just need to be in the proper RPM range when the foot goes in the firewall.

Eric

B

·
0 Posts
Well you are going to need a built engine to reach were power will drop off, I friend had 272 and a t88, he shifts at 8400 and is still building power, he is haveing a motor built. He also does not reach 2 bar till late 4th gear

O

·
0 Posts
Wow! 8400 rpm?!? That doesn't mess up his accesories or anything? I wondered, because of us having big turbos, if an extremely high rev limit is advisable. Did he replace the valve springs? Some use the stock ones, but would they hold up to that high an RPM? I don't know about the Hp being unusable with 272/272 cams, though. Figure that with the stock twins, the boost doesn't hit hard till 4000 rpm. That leaves 2800 to play with. Now say you have a T-78. The boost won't hit hard until about 4500 rpm, and say with a rev limit of 8000 rpm, you have 3500 rpm to play with. Just another perspctive, I guess.

Eric

1 - 13 of 13 Posts