Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok any1 knows the difference between the GOLD and Purple inserts and which one would be good to have for a better sound..i just hate that HKS annoying bird chirping noise..so will one of these inserts help ..with better sound?

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
You can always just remove the insert. No chirping noise!

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you serious? what kind of noise will it make..

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
HKS USA says right on their site what the difference is. It would have taken less time to look it up there than type up a thread here.

Gold is for visual effect. No change to the stock sound.

Purple is a lower frequency sound.

If you take out the insert completely, you will just have a rush of air sound. A VERY quiet sound. It makes almost no noise at all in the three cars I've been in with it like that.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have no idea what this chirping noise is. I never touched any inserts and my car is fairly loud. I have heard both lower and higher pitches on cars with my same BOV. It also depends how you shift. When I shift slow you get the smooth slow release and a fast agressive shift you get the quick PSSH really loud which I must assume is what you guys consider the bird chirp?

But then again when my father 30+ years of burning clutches, drives my supra it sounds like someone firing a Shotgun next to my head. No idea how the fuck he drives agressive enough to do that...

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
It also matters how much air your turbo is pushing. a stock ct and a t04r are going to change the sound of the BOV ALLOT!

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
omfg such a ricer bov :lol:

"u can change the colors! and sounds! omfg lets put a wing on it!!"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts