Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first time boosting and my brother gave me a used hks sqv blow off valve. He told me that the screw in the back adjust the blow off valve. With that said how do you know when your adjustment it correct? what happens when you screw the bolt down or when you raise it up? Dumb question but I need to know, thanks.

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks but how do you set it? dose it make it more sensitive if you screw the bolt down?

·
Addicted to Boost
315 Posts
i have that BOV as well, i would like to know which way to screw it too. Im told that the screw doesnt change sound, inserts are the way to change sound with these bovs. the screw is used for adjusting the pressure of the BOV, i dont know which way to turn it for a specific effect.

·
11,217 Posts
If you feel that the bov is leaking, tighten it so it stiffens up the bov. I believe loosening it will create the fluttering sound.

I'm glad HKS got rid of that screw. Too many people worry for no reason. Give them more options and people'll bound to f things up.

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you tighten the bolt down to stiffen the spring will this damage the turbo by causing the turbo to try to back spin? Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts