Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
SupraCop
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the hks ss bov for stock location and was wondering why people have so
many stalling issues. I could replace mine for a reg hks bov and keep the stock one in place. I plan to go single in the future so i am thinking about selling the one i have and leaving the stock one where it is.

which brings me to my second Q why do people complain about gas with two bov's. Is it that noticable how much extra gas is used and why does it use extra gas.

Finally is anyone using the recirculation fitting on supras does it quiet down the bov.

thanks
matt

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I don't understand your first question, try rephrasing it.

As for higher fuel consumption with 2 BOVs, I've never heard of that. A BOV shouldn't have any effect on fuel consumption if you ask me. Fuel is injected based on the air measured, and the BOV doesn't change that. It merely releases already measured air.

Finally the recirculation does quiet down the BOV. Same reason the stock BOV is quiet, it is just sent back in to the intake instead of the atmosphere.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
cherzra said:
As for higher fuel consumption with 2 BOVs, I've never heard of that. A BOV shouldn't have any effect on fuel consumption if you ask me. Fuel is injected based on the air measured, and the BOV doesn't change that. It merely releases already measured air.

This is true. I had a thread on it a few weeks ago. :bigok:

·
SupraCop
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just read it about the fuel consumption. so i take it, it was false. good to know.

my first question is just why or what causes stalling issues with this bov in the stock location. (assuming that is does not cause it in other locations) just wondering.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts