Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just installed an HKS SSBOV on my '94 BPU car. With the stock BOV, the second turbo came on line at about 4500rpm and pulled hard. Since I have installed the HKS unit, I don't feel the second turbo work until 5500rpm, and it pulls much weaker. Haven't installed a boost gauge yet, but I'm wondering if I have a boost leak. Should I tighten the adjustment screw? Do you think it is too loose and is opening under boost? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody? :(

M

·
0 Posts
i screw it in one direction to end and it was not good. than i screw it in the other direction to the end and now it`s ok.
i have only hks bov w/o my stock bov...
cu
mac

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
I also have a 94 BPU with the HKS SSbov. I am running it also with the stock bov. So i am assuming you have the HKS welded onto a hardpipe?? As for turbos coming in later then usual.i have noticed no difference with my car with regards to that. But as for the adjustment screw.....i left mine as it came from HKS. If your car is idling low.and sometimes stalling when coming to red light when you push in the clutch or something then tighten the screw very little at a time until it doesnt anymore.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm running the HKS also along w/the stock BOV. I left the adjustment screw where it was from the factory and everything seems fine.

You've got to get a boost gauge :)

S

·
0 Posts
I've have the HKS BOV also.. lost pressure on boost.. had to tighten it up! Try it .. worked for me!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Which screw do you tighten? I've got one screw with two washers on it, is that the one????

Help me out real quick guys.....

Matt

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
mkivmatt said:
Which screw do you tighten? I've got one screw with two washers on it, is that the one????

Help me out real quick guys.....

Matt
Besides the mounting screws that should be the only other screw...so YES. Clockwise..tighten, counterclockwise..loosen!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts