Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I pull the HKS SSQ BOV of the supra kit flange? People mention a C-clip but I can not seem to pull the damn thing off. I want to put it on a hard pipe. Is there an easy way to remove it from the flange w/o scratching up my BOV?

·
Registered
207 Posts
C-clip, snap ring, Jesus clip they are all same. You need to get a snap ring plier, you can get it at auto or hardware store. Don't get the el cheapo ones that cost ~$9, these are weak. The prongs will bend before the snap ring is fully compressed and the one on the HKS kit is a beefy ring. I spent a little bit more for one at Orchard Supply(Sears?), $18.

You should remove the BOV body for easier access to the snap ring. You will need a metric socket cap wrench. If you look very very closely at the socket cap screws in front of the BOV, you will notice that there are 4 screws that are raised just slightly more than the others. These are the ones that hold the body to the BOV. One of them is in the 1 o'clock position then alternates.

Be careful when you remove the body as the "fin" can come loose, I thought it was made of aluminum, cheap shiny plastic. Don't throw away the red gasket ring. You will need it for your new flange.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts