Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently installed a hks bov and since then it seems like my idling been rough when i shift to neutral in hills. (seems like it bouta die out) It's been set to the highest pitch. Is that probably the reason? Any of you guys have idling problems with the hks bov?

·
I rock like CRACK
1,010 Posts
The ssqv is the best one made as far as not leaking at idle but if you are stiil on the stock MAF it WILL see the air loss at times and try to stumble and cut off.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bov shouldent affect your idle if you have it installed properly.I could see it causing a bad idel if it had a leak of pressure under low to no boost applications. Check the mounting flange and see it it is seated properly, also do a vacume test.

But another thing, Why do you shift to neutral in hills?? That is against the law.

·
Registered
658 Posts
idle problems with the SSbov are common becasue of the maf issue. There is no advantage to the bov on a bpu car other then the pssh noise. You can buy a 12 -20 part from MVP which will route the air back into your system instead of air so the MAF will not get confused but you can kiss the pssh goodbye. The stalling seems to be more sever with autos then with 6 speeds and not all cars suffer from it. Live with it or get the part. No offense 89 944 but since you don't have a supra and you don't know what the issues with This car are you should not be giving advise.

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
Hey Crazy SupraTT.. I have the exact same BOV on my MKIV.. I am also in Sacramento area so if you need some help let me know. I have the SSQV on my MKIII and MKIV and I can tell you it is a touchy bastard.. you need to get the adjustment screw dialed in just right or it will cause funny MAF signals. Also, an HKS S-AFR or Apexi AFC will eliminate this situation completely. Also come hang out with us sometime.. http://www.norcalsupras.net

1 - 5 of 5 Posts