Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told that there are some members on this forum running the HKS SSQV BOV without the VPC or any fuel to air managment system and do not have the stalling issues. I will eventually get these items but wanted to make sure that if i got the HKS SSQV BOV that i wont have any stalling issues or a dramatic drop in gas mileage.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Are you replacing the stock BOV with the HKS unit? If so, you may experience some stalling issues. Some people keep both and rarely have stalling issues. Your gas mileage will suffer regardless.

·
2 RiCh 4 Ur bLooD...SuPrA
601 Posts
MoogieBoogie said:
Are you replacing the stock BOV with the HKS unit? If so, you may experience some stalling issues. Some people keep both and rarely have stalling issues. Your gas mileage will suffer regardless.
:werd: i have the hks attached to the throttle body i/c piping of my fmic. i kept the stock bov. i only stall if i rev it up way too high when stopped and just let go of the gas.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
SC300NYC said:
I was told that there are some members on this forum running the HKS SSQV BOV without the VPC or any fuel to air managment system and do not have the stalling issues. I will eventually get these items but wanted to make sure that if i got the HKS SSQV BOV that i wont have any stalling issues or a dramatic drop in gas mileage.

I have a completely stock ecu (NO VPC, map ECU ETC) and have the HKS SSQ BOV and I have NEVER EVER stalled because of it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Has anyone had any issues while going with the stock replacement kit? I plan on installing this next weekend and recirculating is most likely in the agenda. I have a Nissan 200sx GA16DET with MAF and a greddy type-S that vents to atmosphere. I've never had stalling issues, and never any A/F ratio problems either. Any heads up from people with this system on their supra?

·
Banned
400 Posts
im also getting ready to order the HKS ssq made for the supra, i hope i dont have any probloms

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
When I was BPU I ran the HKS SSQ without rerouting it but in stock location with no problems with a/f at all.

·
Registered
175 Posts
So to get you straight, no problems in stock location without recirculation?

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have had the HKS SSQV (stock location, vented to atmosphere) on my otherwise stock Supra (6spd) for over a year and have not stalled it yet. I think it is only a problem with Automatic transmissions.

·
Somebody's Watching Me!
1,876 Posts
that might be true i also have one on my 6 speed and have had know problem at all im bpu +++

·
Registered
175 Posts
Sounds good, I'm 6-speed as well so looks to be like I'm in the clear. Poor auto trannies ;)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Mine is a BPU auto with the same HKS SSQV in the stock location, vented to atmosphere... its never even acted like it wanted to stall. Its worked flawlessly ever since the install a 1 1/2 year ago.

·
Registered
682 Posts
My '94 6-speed with only a HKS SSQV BOV stalled on me many times. Same with my '95 6-speed. Both are unmolested super low mileage Supras.

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
I have the HKS ssbov. I know for a fact that if you only run this bov, you should experience some stalling issues. I have. The ideal situation is to run the HKS ssbov with a stock bov to satisfy the MAF, just as MarksSupra33 pointed out.

Joe

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
six speed here and never an issue. I've heard some of the auto guys have problems starting out on hills at low rpm.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts